• Report: #198726

• Submitted: Thu, June 29, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 29, 2006

• Reported By:Oroville California
Palmetto Marketing Inc. AKA Sunshine Publications
7522 Wiles Rd. Suite 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing Inc. AKA Sunshine Publications Attempted Ripoff Fails. Money Finally Refunded Coral Springs Florida

In Aug. of 2005, I had just pulled in my driveway, when I was approached by two young girls selling magazines. I didn't want any magazines. (I don't even take the newspaper)

But, upon their insistence about winning some prize or trip over the boys team, I agreed to at least look at the list of magazines they had. I didn't want to let them in my home so, we sat at table in my yard.

I settled on Organic Style for myself and Weekend Woodcrafts for my husband. I thought the price for two subscriptions was high and the processing fee was outrageous. But, I was duped (or so they thought)

Sometime in early November, I received two letters stating that they were no longer authorized to sell magazines and that they would like make it up to me my choice of any two other magazines from another list at no charge. Not wanting, now 4 magazines, I called the office to request my money back.

I was to send them proof of my cancelled checks and to put my request in writing. I did just that. Then Hurricane Katrina hit them. I felt bad and "Well, maybe it will take sometime for them to get things back in order. Now, it's late March and I send another refund request letter out. Still nothing.

Now, it's June and I figure my money is just gone. But... luckily for me, I have a brother-in-law in their area in Florida. I tell him what has happened and get copies of everything to him. He calls me as he goes into the office. He explains to the woman that he is there seeking an immediate refund. He lets her know that he is on the phone with me then. He shows her all my papers. She gets indignant and belligerent stating that she cannot give a refund, that she had sent me new lists of magazines to choose new ones from.

He tells her that I want my money back and starts swearing at him. Upon his leaving the office, he tells her that he will be contacting the DA Crist (?) on this on my behalf and maybe she'd like to talk to him!

About a week later, I receive a check in the mail for my full refund. (There was no letter or note attached)

Oroville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2006 12:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing-Inc-AKA-Sunshine-Publications/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-Inc-AKA-Sunshine-Publications-Attempted-Ripoff-Fails-Money-Finally-Re-198726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing Inc. AKA Sunshine Publications