Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing Magazines

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 27, 2005

• Reported By:aberdeen New Jersey
Palmetto Marketing Magazines
Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing Magazines ripoff Coral Springs Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i thought you did know him

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I don't know Scott I don't know how things are run these days

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i have a question who was scott messing around with when you knew him and worked on the crew just out of curiousity?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Me get back with Rod? NO WAY!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good to know everyone is OK

*Consumer Comment: small world everyone is doing great!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: rod is ok looking

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sounds just like him

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i know rod

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Curious to find out if anyone I knew is still there

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Scott should just go off himself

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: we all use to call him ET. and he does most definetly lie alot about jenn and to her also

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: the E in Scott's last name stands for E.T.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: you know scott elkins?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Scott Elkins is an insipid dolt

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: its really not the kids. the managers are really bad

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: sorry its the company not the kid

Year ago, I was aggressivily solicited in my home..Paid $42 for 2 magazines, did not receive them. Today (4-3-05) Same girl came back, I followed her to a neighbors house, informed her of the RIPOFF I had gotten from, ask for a Manager's name(Trish) and walked over to the Police station, followed the cop to the neighbors house. He(cop) stated she isn't able to solicite w/o a permit and demanded she stop immediately. I am going to contact Dateline for an investigation.

Angela
matawan, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2005 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing-Magazines/Coral-Springs-Florida/Palmetto-Marketing-Magazines-ripoff-Coral-Springs-Florida-137536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing Magazines

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

i thought you did know him

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

earlier in the rebutuals you were talking ab him and you do know his nick name ET so i just thought you knew him. if you do know him alili bit who have you seen him mostly with? like. was there one girl that he mostly hung out with ? i was also wanting to know is ciarra still as scandalous as she use to be?

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I don't know Scott I don't know how things are run these days

Hey Andrea,

Sorry, I don't know who Scott is. I think things were a little different when I was there. There used to be different crew #'s when I was there, sorry I couldn't be of any help to you. I don't know how things are run these days - I just know how things used to work when I was there.

Sorry again.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

hey its me again,,,,,,,,i was wondering, who was scott messing around with when you knew him and worked on the crew just out of curiousity? im glad to see that you have found happiness. yeah i do think about the bad stuff that happened and i would love to change some of it, but, the way i look at it is, what i have experianced has made me a better person. it has made me into the person i am today,stronger,caring,responsible, and alot more loving and i am very thankful that god put me through the bad times.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Me get back with Rod? NO WAY!!!

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

Hey there, No way would I ever want to get back w/Rod - I have a wonderful man who treats me very well. (the girls at my office call him the Greek God) You know how it is though, you get to a certain point in your life and you start thinking about all the bad things you've done that you wish you could take back. I'm saying I treated Rod pretty badly (worse than I would ever want to be treated) and I feel really bad about it. I would never jeapordize the relationship I'm in now to find someone who's dedicated his life to the magazine business. I thank you for your concern though, just like I'm sure you would never go back to any of that I wouldn't either. I own my own house, I have a great job where I work the same hours every week, I know exactly how much money I'll get in my paycheck. If I'm sick I stay home and get paid for a personal day -
No way would I ever give up my life to go searching for Rod.

Anyway, my little girl Daylin is 4 & 1/2. She's my only one, but I too have my hands full. These days it's back and forth with her father (custody battles) She's a lot of fun though, she goes to preschool during the day while I'm at work and we have the whole weekend to hang out together. I'll tell you, I certainly do not miss working 6 days a week (What was it like 90 hours or so a week? lol)

See ya!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

i dont want to sound ugly but, i really wouldnt worry about him.he is up to no good.if you two ever got back together he would cheat on you and hit on your closest friend then lie about.

he is good friend material but not boyfriend material.he has his ways. im just trying to look after you to not get hurt,pluss its not good for your child to see you hurt. a child can sence that.

i think that adventualy some1 will come along that will treat you a whole lot better you just have to give it time.

that special some1 will come around. how old is your lil one? well i have my hands full. i have a 5 yr old(austin ) i have scotts son (luke) he is gonna be 2 in nov. and i just had a little girl(kailie) with my hubby. she is 1 month. it is very hard doing it alone i know but thank goodness i met my hubby. i waited for him and came around now you have to do the same and it will happen.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for letting me know how everyone is doing, Some days I really miss being on crew, you know the freedom, no worries no bills to pay. Things are alot different these days. Sometimes being a grown-up is not as much fun as I thought it would be. I have some good memories from my time as an agent, some bad too, but I mostly remember what a blast it was. Bonnie was someone I will never forget. You have to admire a woman who doesn't take sh@t from anyone.

Andrea, Yes, Rod and I left together at 1st and I think he went back about 2 weeks later. I of course stayed where we ended up and went home for good about a month and a half later. I left like towards the end of '98 and started like March '97. (About 6 years ago) A few months after I was home, I met my daughter's father and I'm sure you can figure out how the rest went. I'm a single mother now, I have a full time job at a builder in the Poconos, I own a home, and I'm doing really well (although some days I'd rather stay home and sleep lol)

Rod was one person I wish I still knew though, things between us didn't exactly end well, and I kind of feel guilty for how bad I treated him.
You know if I could just talk to him again and clear myself of the guilt...You know Karma.

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#12 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

small world everyone is doing great!

AUTHOR: Keitha - (U.S.A.)

welp ladies...nice conversation going on here at ripoffreport.com! however, i work for the company that mike and bonnie and jray now clear magazines through! everyone is doing great!

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

rod is ok looking

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

well he has not let himself go but he still does not know how to stick with one person. so did both of you guys leave?did he go with you at first and then go back?i know that he was working as a car handler and he was about to branch off with his own crew when i worked there which was dec2002-late april 2003.

yeah i know ray j. i think he smoked crack too with darren. i think i know mike. when did you work for the crew? well rod really needs to stick with tiffany bc she is a kind person but of course rod probably wont until he gets some kind of std from a mag crew slut. you know what i mean there is always one girl on the mag crew who sleeps with every1. lol........

#15 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sounds just like him

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

So I guess he's still there huh? To tell you the truth, he was boyfriend material 6 years ago. He was the reason I left for good, We were "in love" and left to get married. It took me a long time to realize that I didn't really love him I just thought I did. God, that has to be 8 years or more that he's been there.

I can only imagine what he's like today. So I guess he's a car handler? Is he still adorable, or did he let himself go? Just curious, he's about the only person I'd like to talk to, just to see how much I've changed, I know I'm not the same, but I wonder how different. I'm sure you know what I mean. Do any of the other names sound familiar? How about Bonnie Darst (Driscoll) she was one strong woman, I'm sure she's probably still in command.

#16 UPDATE EX-employee responds

i know rod

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

hey i know rod believe me. he is a cool person but, not boyfriend material. he was supose to be dating a girl named tiffany on the crew, she also was one of the good apples, but he always was trying to screw others. he would try with me but i told him NO. he would try to give me orders to stay in the van with him one drop and do something with him. i am pretty sure he has probably done this with a bunch of girls.

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Curious to find out if anyone I knew is still there

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

I did not work for Pitts crew, (Darst sales crew # 046) I do remember J-Ray though, he ran our crew for a few months the first time I came back. You are absolutely right, he is one that does not deserve a pulse. I was wondering if the crews still jump in toghether for Christmas in FL. If so, I was wondering if anyone knows if some of the following people are still floating around the country:
Bo Curp
Rod Cooper
Wade Klawon
Mike Ravenscraft

I would really like to get in contact with Rod Cooper if possible, but if anyone reads this and knows any of these people please let me know.

Also, to the girl from NC, best of luck with your son. I am also a single parent I know how hard it is. My daughter is not a result of mag crew though.

Be proud of what you are doing for your son. You should be given nothing but respect for raising a child on your own. Keep your head up, and realize him not knowing your son is his loss always remember that and again good luck.

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Scott should just go off himself

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

These people don't even deserve a pulse. lol @ anyone loving Scott. He doesn't even love himself, so he's not capable of loving anyone else. I didn't know anyone names Sarah, while I was there. I didn't know anyone named Darren, either. I know BK, though.

Most of the manager's were scum. Ray-J was a complete loser. He was disgusting. He tried to get me to screw him, but obviously that didn't work. Travis seemed like a decent person. We hung out while I worked there, last year. I didn't much like these people. Especially the girls. I know the one girl whom had posted on this website. Her name is Melissa. She was really nice. I can't blame her for leaving. They never let anyone go to the Hospital. I think I know that Sean person who posted on here too. If he's the one that dated Brittany. She was my roommate. The Crystal chick, she dated Daniel. Poor girl. I know Tiffany, the girl who was posted about on here. She was my roommate for awhile, too.

#19 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

hey. he does have another kid and he lies to jenn all the time. when we started dating he told me about jenn, but he also said they werent together anymore. well i got in earlier one day than he did and of corse i was waitin on him, then the phone rang.a friend of mine,bill, he answered it and he looked at me and said your gonna be mad. i was like whatever well i got the phone and i tlaked to her, come to find out he was telling her me and him were only friends and a bunch of other sh**. i told her what was really going on, well i felt really bad, but, i thought i loved him so i stuck it out, only to get hurt. and yeah, i couldnt help but notice the missin tooth. believe melol it got to the point the last mth that i was there i started to hate even kissin him. thats horrible, i know.do you know if him and sarah were hookin up? who was he with when you worked for the crew? was a girl named sarah(she looked kinda like a witch and always showed off her nipple rings-shes a slut) workin there when you did? Deanette really was the ONLY sane person there believe me. did you know that Darren Usher smoked crack. i know for a fact and seen him do it. not only him but BK, The hippie guy, James, And a few more did it with him. i found out the hard way. i partied with all of them one night and i couldnt just leave bc we were about an hr away from the hotel. it was the worst time.

#20 UPDATE EX-employee responds

the E in Scott's last name stands for E.T.

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

Scott Elkins is a pathetic lowlife. I worked for this lame company around April of 2004. These people are just running away from certain things in their live's back home. It's an escape for them. These kids are so uneducated and lack personality. They have all been brainwashed. Everyone is fake, fake, fake. But, Scott takes the cake for it all. He looks like E.T. Have you ever noticed? What is with that missing tooth? I just wanted to pop a chiclet in the space. And obviously he was screwing your ex-roomie. Who hasn't he been with. As for what all Scott did ... well, it was nothing interesting. It all amounted to nothing.

As I said, drugs ... boozing ... and screwing anything that walked, pretty much consisted of his sad attempt at a so-called life. What a waste of space.

He THINKS he'll be manager soon, but hate to burst his dreamlike bubble ... it WON'T happen. EVER. He's just being used. Karma! Ahhh, what a beautiful thing. The only kid he ever talked about was the one in Washington. I think the Mother's name was Jen? She used to work for the company, supposedly?

He only talked about his kid when I was around ... and why? because he wanted to talk himself up and try to make it seem as if he was important. But, of course, he isn't. He is seriously mentally unstable and should be locked up in the crazy bin.

All these people are mental. Deanette seemed like the only decent person there. Jamie, Larry, Tina Cecil, and Daniel Kohler are all lowlife's, too. Someone should go to the media about this company. It's true what person said ... IC's work their own hours and where they WANT to work. Plus, IC's cannot be fired.

This company is run based on manipulation and lies. These people definitely should be sued. Let them see what it's like on the other side of the fence. Not that Tina's fat ass would fit ...

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

you know scott elkins?

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

hey ty for taking time and reading. i am very happy that he isnt in my sons life, i just still am sad bc what he did to me. the real sad part is when i arrived home i called. then 2 wks later i called to tell him i was preg., and my old roomie was in there and they sounded like they were asleep. i asked sarah why was she in there, she said they were talking but when scott got on the phone, i could tell he was asleep. my ques. is were they sleepin together (hint) you know scott? when did you work for the co. and what all did he do? did he ever tlak about his little boy or me? i just want to know. again, ty for reading

#22 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Scott Elkins is an insipid dolt

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

Honey, your kid is better off NOT KNOWING Scott. You should be relieved that your child isn't a part of Scott's life, because if your child would be part of his life, there would be no telling what Scott would do to that child. Scott is a worthless human as well as a good for nothing parent. He has another kid too. She lives in Washington and believe me, his daughter is better off not knowing him. Actually, I wouldn't ever classify Scott as a parent. Drugs and boozing are more important to Scott than caring about whether his kids have a good life. But, then again, with someone like him with kids, they wouldn't have such a good life. He'd never be able to pay child support...all the money would go toward supporting his drug habit. So all in all, you're just better off without him knowing anything about your child's well being.

#23 UPDATE EX-employee responds

its really not the kids. the managers are really bad

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

its not the kids, believe me!!!!! my name is andrea. i worked for vincent pitts and bob cecile from dec2002 till april 2003 and then i had to go home. they treat you like slaves and then make a great sum of money off you and then at the end of the night, your lucky to see 20.00 of it. also anything that the people do thats bad the managers cover them up.take my word. i got on the crew started dating scott elkins, and then i left bc i found out i was pregnant. when i called the co. they forbid him to talk to me.Adventually they turned him against me. now every day of my sons life, i have to exlplain to him where his dad is. if thats not a cruel company then i dont know what is.

#24 UPDATE EX-employee responds

sorry its the company not the kid

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

My name is Sean Cubbedge. For two years i traveled and sold magazines under PMI Bob Cecil and Vinny Pitts. The kids are not bad most of us travel and work for an honest living. We dont lie at your door and we entertain long enough for you to want to help us. You think buying a mag gets us on a trip it does but it also feeds us. I was supposed to be one of the best agents but saw very little cash while men like Bob Cecil got rich off me and others and many times was told by people they didnt get there mags. Thats B/C swine grease like Bob Cecil pocket the money the companies rip you off not the kids. The mail man steals your mags not the kid that sold them to you. Also by law the company only has to clear so many orders while they pocket th other money. SO ITS NOT THE KIDS FAULT!! The next time a kid comes by give him 10 bucks instead getting the company money. These kids are busting butts to make a living and i could not begin to tell you how hard that life is. Sleep Deprovation lack of food working 6 days a week in all weather INCLUDING FLOODS HURRICANES TORNADOES AND THE WORST WINTER STORMS... But peices of filth like Bob Cecil push these kids to work so he can get drunk... If your sick they say Die and prove it twice i almost did... I have left this company since then and am not expecting much from them even though they owe me money off my books and that mysterious 1000 Bucks and trip to cancun... If i knew i could win i would sue the pants off all those men for the money they owe me the rest of there former employees who never got paid and the hundreds traveling the country today in search for that trip to cancun and a buck. SO PLEASE DONT BLAME THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!