Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing - PMI - Vincent Pitts

• Submitted: Wed, October 29, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2003

• Reported By:Round Rock Texas
Palmetto Marketing - PMI - Vincent Pitts
7522 Wiles Rd., Suite 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing, Inc. Aka PMI Aka Vincent Pitts ripoff door-to-door magazine sales fraudulent overpriced drug-users Coral Springs Florida

Yesterday, a young lady named Nancy B. stopped by my house as my daughter and her friends were playing outside. She said she "needed to see me". I talked to her, and yes, she was a fast-talking salesperson, looking for a little help towards earning her trip to Cancun. I was thinking I was helping her out, thinking maybe it would be an educational trip (though she did not mention this).

I spent $30 for a magazine subscription renewal ($20 for the mag, which is typical subscription price, and $10 handling fee, $5 of which is supposedly going directly into Nancy's Cancun trip fund.

These types of things have happened before. So I did an internet search and found all these reports on ripoffreport.com. Today, I am sending a fax AND mailing the cancellation notice. I am hoping to get my check back, as they promise.

Via internet search, I have located the above phone and fax numbers, and the following two numbers: 973-945-7311 817-640-4142 I have not attempted to call these numbers.

What alarms me most are these facts/rumors:
1-this is not a not-for-profit organization, as they would like for us to believe 2-there have been murders and abuses reported (search Fulton Palmetto Marketing murder Matthew Maxon) by and to PMI representatives 3-reports say that when contacted, Vincent Pitts, representative for PMI, states that these kids are NOT employees of PMI and they take no responsibility for their actions. They are independent contractors.
4-I am troubled that I might be contributing to the rumored nightly "drug parties" of these travelers.
5-Later, my daughter said that as Nancy was walking to our house, she was yelling back to the neighbor saying "I don't CARE if you are going to church tonight." Thinking nobody saw/heard her, when she saw my girls, she apologized. Wish I had known that earlier, as she sure presented herself as an upstanding young lady.

I am so glad that I wrote a check, rather than paying cash. But now I guess I will be on their "sucker report" and they'll be sure to stop by the next time they're in town.

Please turn these kids away if they come to your house.

Round Rock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2003 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing-PMI-Vincent-Pitts/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-Inc-Aka-PMI-Aka-Vincent-Pitts-ripoff-door-to-door-magazine-sales-frau-70441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing - PMI - Vincent Pitts