Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing, PMI

• Submitted: Fri, May 20, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, May 20, 2005

• Reported By:bay shore New York
Palmetto Marketing, PMI
7522 Wiles Rd. St.112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-3418135
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Palmetto Marketing, PMI Ripped off, Lied to THEN THEY ACCUSED ME OF TRYING TO RIP THEM OFF! RIPOFF Coral Springs Florida

I have e-mailed the following information to the NFSA (National Field Selling Association) of whom this company is a member. Ironically, the Girl and Boy Scouts of American are supposedly members of NFSA.

On 4/14/05 a very personable salesperson by the name of Brian Loeb came to my home selling magazines. Normally I do not allow salespeople into my home and am not easily sold. He seemed nice enough, clean cut and ambitious to win this 'contest' to Cancun. I ordered a 2 year subscription to Baseball Digest and was told 'Jane' magazine would come for free. I thought the 1st magazine would make a nice father's day gift for my husband. When I showed hesitation to place the order, Mr.Loeb said that I could also choose another magazine from the list for free but that it would only come for 1 year. He asked for my husband's name because the 2nd subscription would earn him more points if it were registered to another name. So I chose Rolling Stone also for my husband's father's day gift. Mr. Loeb wrote down my husband's info on the same kind of receipt he had written for my original order, I wrote him a check for $50.00 and he handed my 2 receipts. Unfortunately I didn't look close enough at them and they were both (1 copy 1 original)for Baseball Digest. I guess you can say I was distracted, trying to make dinner and watch my 2 year old running amuck.

I called PMI today to inquire as to when I should receive my magazines and that my order was still in check. The initial rep told me 90-100 days and that the 2nd order was not on file. When I explained what transpired with the salesperson in regards to the Rolling Stone magazine, the rep was firm telling me that I would not be getting that order since I did not have a receipt for it and that I could not cancel my initial order.

I then requested my call be escalated to a supervisor. When the office manager got on the phone, she was also unwilling to accomodate me or even attempt to investigate the matter. The office manager, Tessy came out firmly and said about 4 times during our conversation that they will not under any circumstances cancel my order. When I pressed the issue, she weakly said she would call Mr. Loeb's manager and did not offer to follow up with me or seemed concerned at all. I asked to speak to her superior and she said that there wasn't anyone higher than her. As the conversation progressed, she came out and said "I think you're trying to get something you didn't pay for for free" and that she couldn't take my word for what I was saying to even investigate. Tessy promply hung up on me after that.

So now I'm being called a thief and a liar by a company that took me for $50.00. I know I'm still within the alloted time period but after reading info on the net, today's conversation and the fact that I cc'd her a copy of the e-mail sent to NFSA, I don't plan on receiving any magazines in the near future!

I'm so ashamed at myself for not being the wiser. I am generally too skeptical but got suckered...I felt sorry for the kid selling magazines at my door. Let it be a lesson to me or anyone else feeling kind hearted to the friendly salesperson

Andrea
bay shore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2005 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing-PMI/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-PMI-Ripped-off-Lied-to-THEN-THEY-ACCUSED-ME-OF-TRYING-TO-RIP-THEM-OFF-143502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing, PMI