Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, August 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2005

• Reported By:McHenry Illinois
Palmetto Marketing
7522 Wiles Rd. Ste.112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing AKA PMI ripoff, DisHonest, Fraudulent Coral Springs Florida
*UPDATE ..Rip-off Report Investigation - PMI - Rip-off Report gives PMI a positive rating after Professional Marketing International declared its goal to achieve total customer satisfaction & excellent customer service - PMI claimed & continues to demonstrate its sincere desire to clear up any unresolved matters & safeguard against similar issues in the future. We discovered many complaints filed against PMI were meant for another company with a similar name.

*Consumer Comment: Fast sccess to Rip Off Report saved me from making a mistake

This company is a complete scam.

A very nice girl came around my neighborhood one day in late May, selling magizines. She made it seem that she was selling them to earn money for a school trip. I felt obligated to help. She had a list of different types of magizines, so I let my son pick one out. He picked Childrens Playmate, it had games and craft ideas.

I thought that it would be a great idea for the summer. The subscription was $38.00 for 12 issues, with the processing fee the total was $48.00.(I could have gotten a whole craft center for that price)The reciept did say 60-120 days for delivery, but I was told that it would only be about a month to a month and a half, which was fine.

My check was cashed two days later, now here it is the end of August and still no magazines. I tried to call the company and all I got was some very nasty lady saying that I would get them when I get them and I could not cancel my order. My son has asked me several times when will he get his books, all I can say is I don't know.

Jessica
McHenry, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2005 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-AKA-PMI-ripoff-DisHonest-Fraudulent-Coral-Springs-FloridaUPDATE-Ri-155048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing

Fast sccess to Rip Off Report saved me from making a mistake

AUTHOR: Celia - (U.S.A.)

About an hour ago a very nice, albeit fast talking, young lady, came to my door with the story that has since become familiar from the entries regarding Palmetto Marketing. I purchased a magazine, but when she had left I saw there was no company phone number on the receipt and that, along with some other red flags, piqued my curiousity and I googled Palmetto Marketing and came up with this website. I did't have to read much. I printed out a page and when the young lady came back down the street I showed her the Rip Off Report and asked for my check back. She was very gracious about it but was unable to produce a phone number for the company.
After reading all these comments I am so sad that this is happening to this young lady but I recognize that some of her statements match these postings. I want thank you all for posting these comments, I hate to think of my identification and checking account number in the hands of Palmetto Marketing. I did obtain their phone number from this website and will call them tomorrow to ask them what the heck do they think they are doing. They may not be doing anything specifically illegal but they are close enough to the edge to make me wonder.
I will also call the District Attorney tomorrow to notify them that this is happening in my town.