Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 17, 2005

• Reported By:Silver Lake Minnesota
Palmetto Marketing
7522 Wiles Rd. Suite 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing College girl selling magazines I paid money and never got my magazine Ripoff Coral Springs Florida

A college girl Ashley came to my door selling magazines. Her story was that she had to sell more magazines than the boys who were in town selling magazines. She said the top seller would be eligible for a trip or something and if I pay her cash she would earn extra points. I knew better than to pay in cash so I wrote a check. When she saw my check she said Oh Good. You have Shrek checks that means that you have a good sense of humor and I can earn extra points for having character checks too. I ordered a magazine for my grand daughters birthday and I kept asking my grand daughter whether she received her magazine and she said no. This is a little 7 year old child. I fell for the girls story, because she said my mom thinks I am crazy for doing this to earn money for college, but I am a good talker. So me being a mom I felt sorry for her and figured she could use some help earning some money for college. I figured anyone who takes time to try to sell something deserves some help. I know because my 14 year old daughter always has fundraisers for school. Then this girl proceeded to put a sticker on my door that read "Girls are best, better that the rest. "Ashley or something like that. She said that way the boys in town will know that I have already been here and will leave you alone. What a ripoff. Why are companies allowed to go town to town?

Sandra
Gold Creek, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2005 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-College-girl-selling-magazines-I-paid-money-and-never-got-my-magazine-R-161023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing