Complaint Review: Palmetto Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, February 07, 2005

• Reported By:Holly Pond Alabama
Palmetto Marketing
7522 Wiles Rd. Ste. 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Palmetto Marketing, Inc. ripoff! Coral Springs Florida

On 11-23-04, two young men came to my door selling magazines. I thought they would make good Xmas presents for my daughters so I purchased a 1 yr. subscription for Teen Vogue for the amount of 34.00. They put the name and address as follows, Robin Madaris, 216 Turkey Hollow Rd. (I live on Turkey Hop Rd, and didn't notice this error until later). Holly Pond, AL 35083 The seller was named Brent Kennedy and both young men said they were selling them to win a trip. Reciept #(041)4128652

The second magazine was a 1 yr subscription to Disney Magazine for the price of 32.00 sold by Dion McNutt. The name on the reciept was Ashley/Alissa Madaris 216 Turkey Hollow Rd. (again, wrong address) Holly Pond, AL 35083 Reciept #(029)4128656

Both reciepts say to allow 90-120 days for delivery, but I had asked if these would start earlier, as they were Chrismas presents, they assured me they would, and I would recieve something in the mail confirming the subscriptions within the next few days. Since they put the wrong address, I don't know if they magazines are going to the wrong place, or if it was just a rip off.

Either way, I was ripped off here for 66.00 and I am not happy about it. We just purchased this home in August and I don't appreciate anyone taking money that would have went for actual gifts for my daughters.

If the magazines start arriving, I will come back and delete this report, but I do feel I was scammed here, as I was guaranteed delivery by the holidays. I have ordered magazines before for gifts and always recieved a gift tag of some sort, on this, I didn't get anything, and this is such a small town, I don't think the post master would have missed that it was the wrong street adress and fixed it.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Robin
Holly Pond, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2005 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmetto-Marketing/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Palmetto-Marketing-Inc-ripoff-Coral-Springs-Florida-130424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmetto Marketing