Complaint Review: Pama Management

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2008

• Reported By:san bernardino California
Pama Management
4900 Santa Anita Ave Suite 2C Elmonte, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 626-575-3070
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Pama Management PAMA managent EVICTING out of RETALIATION and DISCRIMINATION Elmonte California

PAMA management has served me with eviction papers out of retaliation!.THIS started with my daughter and son, now I am in it because I signed as co-signer and offered to pay the rent. They REFUSED TO TAKE MONEY FROM ME!

Starting at the beginning, my daughter in-law and son rented this place. I came by everyday, helping my daughter in-law with the new baby. From move in date in Nov. the gas company refused to light heater or water heater. Said they had to be replaced because of a multitude of malfunctions.
From day one until January 4th, multiple calls were made to manager and head office. Letting them know
3. Infestation of cockroaches
4. BROWN WATER in sink
5. STOVE RAT INFESTED and broke.
6. DRUG DEALING AND VIOLENCE from accompanying apt.

FINALY end of November they replaced the stove. Looked at water heater and furnace, Would light it and say that the gas co didn't know what they were doing. They went out and we called over and over and over. Then Jan 4th we called 911, made a report, the gas co came out and there was carbon monoxide and we were told to leave. They red tagged the place and contacted PAMA. STILL NO WATER HEATER! The gas co finally replaced it on the 5th as well as a heater under a special program they have.

When the manager called to chew us out for calling the police, he was told that they had now been replaced. He had the nerve to ask for the companies name and program so he could refer OTHER tenants !!!

So, While he was on the phone, he was told of water temps change to scalding when water in other apt. is turned on. Of course he was going to have someone come look at it. You guessed it, has never happened.

In January my daughter in-law's grandma became very ill and they left to another state. I moved in to ensure the safety of their belongings. I had let the manager know what was going on, didn't have a problem. The kids failed to send the rent for February. I let the manager know I had a money order to pay rent, I would be there on Tuesday ( working out of area) and pay the rent. Nope, would not accept my money, served with eviction papers,. The papers state they served my daughter in-law a 3 day in person on the 3rd! First, the kids always paid on the 3rd, second they weren't even in the state. NO 3 day was even posted because I was here from 3rd to 7th. Second, it shows that the manager signed certain forms, but when I compare the signatures, there is ABSOLUTLY no way they are the same.

If I am not mistaken, a 3 day Needs to be posted AND mailed, a month to month has to have a 30 day notice. I have filed the appropriate paper work to be included so that I can bring the retaliation suit and filed an answer that included a motion to quash service. I can't afford an attorney but I am doing this on my own.

Then there is the fact that the stairs are in poor repair ( very slippery when it rains or the kids run the water hose while sliding on an abandon mattress. Have NO LIGHTING in or around the stairs or parkinglot and it is pitch black at night. , trash and furniture litter the stairwell and walkways.

In addition, according to the rental agreement, these things are being violated by numerous other tenants. Management has knowledge of all these violations and does nothing.
1. Drug Dealing
7. Pets are kept.

Sanbernardino ca

Pama mgt sucks!
san bernardino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2008 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pama-Management/Elmonte-California-91731/Pama-Management-PAMA-managent-EVICTING-out-of-RETALIATION-and-DISCRIMINATION-Elmonte-Calif-311630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pama Management