Complaint Review: Pamalu Truck Bed Shields

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Chuck — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Pamalu Truck Bed Shields
1308 Hart St, Honolulu, HI 96817 honolulu, Hawaii United States of America

Pamalu Truck Bed Shields Pamalu Destroyed the value of my truck. Stated there is no warranty to any of the products she sells honolulu, Hawaii

I took my lifted 1997 F350 to Pamalu truck bed shields to have the entire truck sprayed and custom painted. The owner Diane gave me a quote of 3500 dollars to do the coating and that the coating would look great and would be rustproofing the truck for life.

The job took over 6 weeks, they completely tore my truck down to bare metal. 6 weeks is a long time for any job. at first the truck looked good and got alot of compliments. but within 6 months i had to take the truck back because the black paint on the fender flares and the bumpers was fading and cracking. They said they would repaint them. When i came back there was a young teenager painting spots of black on my truck with a dollar store paint marker.

Now less than a year later the roof of my truck is rusting under the coating. The rain gutters above the doors are rusting thru. I took my truck back to Pamalu and waited for Diane for over an hour. When she came back with a stocky gentleman i had never seen before he told me the truck was a piece of Sh** and they always rust. My truck is a 1997 F350 turbo diesel from texas with no prior rust issues ever. Diane said that there is no warranties for any of her products.

I now have to have my truck fixed from another place at my own cost. While my final bill after all other incurred costs from Diane came to over 5500 dollars.

I am in the U.S. Navy and stationed in Hawaii. They prey on the military and "mainlanders" as they called them. Do not go to this place they will rip you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pamalu-Truck-Bed-Shields/honolulu-Hawaii-96817/Pamalu-Truck-Bed-Shields-Pamalu-Destroyed-the-value-of-my-truck-Stated-there-is-no-warran-1005576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pamalu Truck Bed Shields