Complaint Review: Pamela Staton

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 31, 2012

• Reported By: vagabond-petite — San Francisco California United States of America
Pamela Staton
7336 Santa Monica Blvd., Box 640 West Hollywood, California United States of America

Pamela Staton She cancelled crew checks on purpose, won't issue new ones, and is attempting to blacklist all the people who are trying to get paid. West Hollywood, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Blasphemous lies about Pamela Staton- such a shame

I was referred to Pamela Staton by a couple of solid work contacts of mine. I met her a few times before she hired me and she seemed like a really sweet lady. She usually works as a casting director. but she was producing this film herself, so I had no way to gauge he ability level in this position.

Pamela had me working day and night. She called me at very inappropriate times (sometimes she'd call me all night and stop just before 4:00 am). She constantly tried to create tension between myself and other crew members. She seemed very interested in other peoples' personal lives. I found this awkward and unprofessional. She would start screaming at people with absolutely no provocation. She made several remarks about women shouldn't be allowed on our crew because women cause problems.

Pamela hired several people and turned around and fired them before the shoot even began. She had a lot of stories about where the money went, but no one saw that there was anything to show for it. Pamela blamed everyone but herself for all of our problems. She started to send out angry, humiliating emails that delved into crew members' personal lives. She said one woman was drunk all day (who wasn't). She claimes another woman was having an affair with the director--apparently they had known each other for 2 days? She told me that another crew member made her spend all of the money on equipment.

She fired people every day and never paid them. She made people cry and screamed in her hotel room all night every night. She constantly received phone calls and screamed at virtually every person she talked to.

She accused most of us of doing horrible things that were not only none of her business--but nothing she said was true from we all figured.

Pamela wouldn't write people their checks. When she was finally pressured into doing it--she turned around and cancelled some of our checks on purpose--she then blamed the investor's wife (who didn't even know her husband had invested in this film!). Pamela sent out several vindictive emails, threatening to ruin some of our careers. Some people got it worse than others. She had a PA call one of the crew members and tell her that they were going to get her fired from her job--and they did. The PA told her that Pamela didn't feel like paying her and not to expect it to happen.

Pamela spent almost three times the budget of the film and so far no one knows where the money went because she never actually paid her vendors or crew. She didn't pay for much at all.

Several people were told they'd never get paid and we're still waiting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pamela-Staton/West-Hollywood-California-90046/Pamela-Staton-She-cancelled-crew-checks-on-purpose-wont-issue-new-ones-and-is-attempti-831640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pamela Staton

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Blasphemous lies about Pamela Staton- such a shame

AUTHOR: paul c. miller - ()

I JUST read this horrific report.  It is NOT TRUE.  I work as Pamela's personal assistant.  I observe her everyday and there is NO WAY any of this is true about her.  She PAYS everyone and even writes checks from her personal account to ensure her cast and crew are taken care of.  This blasphemous report is OLD,out-dated from a year and 3 months ago. (??) It was an out of town shoot around then.  WHO would write this? I hope she never sees this because it will hurt her deeply.  Whoever wrote these terrible lies about her must be jealous.  She will have a very very long career in her industry.  She is one of a kind.  She goes out of her way to make sure everyone is fed and happy and that all runs smoothly.  Many of the crew members often comment on her professionalism.

SUCH A SHAME that scams like this are allowed.  Thank goodness people don't believe what they read on the trashy internet.  I will continue to work for her anytime she calls me.  She cares about people and I cannot say that about many others.  Anyone who reads this should know first hand, she is very organized, very talented, on top of everything, and runs a tight ship always being pleasant.  She will go far.

I am very sorry Pamela for some of the ugliness in this world.