Complaint Review: Pantagraph

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Juliana — Bloomington Illinois
Pantagraph
301 West Washington St. Bloomington, Illinois USA

Pantagraph Lee Enterprises billing rip off. Billed more than what your original bill is. Not delivering for number of weeks pd. for Bloomington Illinois

*Author of original report: Beware, The Pantagraph, owned by Lee Enterprise will rip you off on billing and weeks pd for.

I bought a years subscription for the Pantagraph, our local newspaper, on a deal of the day offer over the internet.  When the year was up I paid for another 10 weeks subscription.  When I didn't get any newspapers the Pantagraph told me they cashed my check and put it towards my previous years subscription because they had sent me premium papers throughout the previous year and this cost extra money.  They said that if I hadn't wanted the extra "premium" papers I should have let them know.  They said they didn't let people know about these "premium papers"  other than printing it in the newspaper once.  I complained about this and they were suppose to get it staightened out, but now on facebooks "New Happenings in Bloomington, Normal", I see that they have done the same thing to other people and they have turned people into collection agents over it.  They have done this to people up to a year after their subscription is over, and they don't even send them an extra bill first.  My ten weeks subscription started January 4, 2014 and I got a call from the Pantagraph last night that my subscription would be done on February 7th and did I want to pay more to continue my subscription.  This is only half the time I paid for.  They also did the same thing to my daughter, giving her half the number of weeks she had paid for and then stopping her subscription.  They tried to tell her this was because of premium papers she had received.  My daughter had recieved a bill for $31.00 for a 10 week subscription.  Now they tell her the actual cost is $54.00 because of their "secret" premium papers.  I don't know what is going on here, but it is a definite rip off.  I am also hearing from friends who had the same thing happen to them.  Be prepared to be ripped off if you get the the Pantagraph newspaper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pantagraph/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/Pantagraph-Lee-Enterprises-billing-rip-off-Billed-more-than-what-your-original-bill-is-1121244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pantagraph