Complaint Review: Pantall Hotel

• Submitted: Mon, January 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Leesburg Virginia
Pantall Hotel
135 East Mahoning St Punxsytawney, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 814-9386600
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Pantall Hotel ,Pantall Hotel tries the ol' bait-and-switch, will not honor a Webervations reservation. Punxsytawney Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Pantall Hotel responds

I made a reservation with the Pantall Hotel online nearly one year ago, and I received an email containing confirmation number 2900690. Today I received a call from Sheryl at the hotel stating that I should have received an email 11 months ago from them stating that webervations orders made for the dates I selected were not valid. I never received any such email. I'd like to know if that's the case, where is that vital piece of information located on their site? And why would someone call me if, according to them, I was notified all those months ago via email that the reservation was canceled?

I will tell you why: because they knew that I would be showing up if they didn't call. Because it is clear they knew I had received no email and I have a valid reservation. Oh but they offered me a "sweet" deal instead: I can pay twice as much to get a room at a different hotel thirty miles away. Needless to say, I said "NO DEAL" to that little gem of a bargain. I can't believe a hotel can get away with that.

If someone can call me after all this time, keeping my information all this time, after allegedly already having notified me of a cancelation via email, wouldn't you think someone could have called me back then when there was a chance I could have done something about it? This is unbelievable, I have never had any problem like this with any other hotel in my entire life. I am not sure who there is that I can go to about this, but hopefully I will be able to find a place that investigates such things. I'll never be staying at the Lie-Your-Pants-Off.

Carla
Leesburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pantall-Hotel/Punxsytawney-Pennsylvania-15767/Pantall-Hotel-Pantall-Hotel-tries-the-ol-bait-and-switch-will-not-honor-a-Webervations-413789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pantall Hotel

Pantall Hotel responds

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (Case ID: 36002381), and I have received a nice letter from Jane Cunningham at the hotel. It contains a thorough explanation and begins with an apology for the mix-up, neither of which was provided via phone when the problem originally came to light. Apparently, the hotel had arranged for those dates to be blacked out because they intended to inflate the rates for those 3 dates.
The reservation site that they use, Webervations, did not black out the dates. On the confirmation you get from Webervations there is a note stating you will be contacted by the hotel to confirm your reservations. However, for me this note only meant that I would be contacted a few days before I was scheduled to arrive at the hotel. They were alerted to the problem when some other potential guest who had also made the reservation through Webervations called to cancel a few weeks ago, so they went back and called everybody like me to get the problem handled.
The hotel is offering me one free night's stay between now and July 15, but I am still not sure yet if I am going to take advantage of the offer or not. I understand they did what they could when they became aware of this issue, but I really had my heart set on attending this event and getting to stay 1 night some other time when the event is not occurring kind of puts a damper on things. However I do think now that they tried.