Complaint Review: Papa johns ATX surrounding areas

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2011

• Reported By: Angry at papa for stealing my tips — Austin area Texas United States of America
Papa johns ATX surrounding areas

Papa johns ATX surrounding areas Austin, round rock, Georgetown, cedar park, Hutto, pflugerville. Papa johns stealing money from employees Internet And local areas, Internet

*Consumer Comment: How long will you keep it up?

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Comment: Simple...

Ever since I have worked with papa johns which has been approximately 2-3 years now I have been a delivery driver and papa johns has done nothing but steal from me as an employee! When I started it was roughly a 2 dollar delivery fee for each delivery since then it has also been that, the driver would make only a percentage of the profit exposed from the delivery fee, and recently I have been making 4.25 hr taking deliveries and 7.25 instore which is about10 percent of my day. Also along with my 4.25 hr depending on the tips it can or can not equal out to cover my fuel costs, because papa johns is charging a 2 dollar delivery fee, and paying their employees 1.27 per delivery!

This is stealing especially when there is another restraunt chain charging 2 dollars delivery fee and paying their employees the 2 dollars! Theft at it's best especially when they tell their employees to tell the customers that we don't make any of that money. Also they include that statement on their credit card receipts! Dishonest business practices! So really I have to say are they stealing from employees or customers? Recently working for them I have also had some pretty major issues with my vehicle running deliveries for them the 73 cents / delivery could have gone into repairing my vehicle but I never received it even when the price of gas rose they left us hanging saying they never put the price down when the gas prices dropped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2011 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Papa-johns-ATX-surrounding-areas/internet/Papa-johns-ATX-surrounding-areas-Austin-round-rock-Georgetown-cedar-park-Hutto-pfluge-746325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Papa johns ATX surrounding areas

How long will you keep it up?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"recently I have been making 4.25 hr taking deliveries and 7.25 instore which is about10 percent of my day"

So, the company can get you to work, use your own car and gas for a mere $4.25 an hour?  Has it occured to you that the pay might be better if drivers did not agree to work for peanuts?

"because papa johns is charging a 2 dollar delivery fee, and paying their employees 1.27 per delivery! This is stealing..."

A plumbing company recent charged me $75 / hr. for plumbing work.  Do you think the guy they sent to do the work made $75 / hr.?  The local dealership charges $90 / hr. to work on my car.  Does the mechanic make $90 / hr.?    Is this stealing on a grand scale, or are you just clueless?

"especially when there is another restraunt chain charging 2 dollars delivery fee and paying their employees the 2 dollars!"

I suppose it never occurred to you that you might want to go and work for the chain that pays better.  How many more years are you going to waste whining and not getting paid?

Response

AUTHOR: Angry at papa for stealing my tips - (United States of America)

Approx 5-8 on average nights and closing nights about 10-25 deliveries depending on if it is the weekend or weekday! Closer to 10 on weekdays and closer to 25 on weekends that are busy!

Simple...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The answer is so simple if you want the entire delivery fee then go work for the OTHER company.  You're free to leave that job there is nothing forcing you to stay at PJ.

- Thanks for telling us that.  Now I know I can safely deduct the $1.27 from the tip that I would have given the delivery person.

Out of curriosity how many deliveries do you do on an average night?