Complaint Review: Paperback Swap

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: 7turtles — Los Alamos New Mexico United States of America
Paperback Swap
3651 Peachtree Suite E-390 Suwanee, Georgia United States of America

Paperback Swap paperbackswap.com Rip-off! They said I was trading books on their site and then selling them online. Froze my acct. Suwanee, Georgia

This is a website where you trade books. You mail books to other members, and in exchange receive credits which you can use to request other books.

My account was fine until I started trying to use up my credits in order to stop using the site. I had about 108 when they froze my account, accusing me of reselling their books "on my storefront".

I tried to explain to them that I order a lot of books for friends/acquaintances who want books but do not want to join the club. Apparently my increased account activity flagged my account.

Their terms of use forbid anyone from reselling books either in person or online. I don't see how this can possibly be controlled or enforced. If I am in possession of an item, then it becomes my property to do with as I wish. There is no way to prove any one book came from their website, anyway. 108 credits with approximate value of $2.38-$2.77 each, which is the average price to mail a book media mail.

I also noticed that the site now has links directing you to other websites to actually purchase those books which you are supposed to be trading with other members.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paperback-Swap/Suwanee-Georgia-30024/Paperback-Swap-paperbackswapcom-Rip-off-They-said-I-was-trading-books-on-their-site-and-776131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paperback Swap