Complaint Review: Paradise Dream Tours

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — Georgetwn Texas U.S.A.
Paradise Dream Tours
901 S. State Rd. 7 Suite 317 Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Paradise Dream Tours Individual: This company took $898 from me, charged to my Visa credit card, and has never delivered anything. They keep telling me the cruise is full. Hollywood, Florida

Paradise Dream Tours called me and offered what sounded like a good cruise package. My husband and I wanted to take two of our grandsons with us on a cruise. They charged my Visa card with $898 in March, 2011. When I called to book the cruise, they told me it was filled up. We could take it in 2012, so I opted to do that. One of the boys had problems telling us when he could go, but I was able to call within the 60 days in advance, as I was instructed.

However, when I called in May this year to book a cruise in July, I was told it was filled up through September, which would not work as our grandsons are college students. I think they are way overselling the cruises and do not have enough cabins to book all they sell. The only answers I have gotten came from Angela Khalil, a name I see on another one of your reports. She told me the package was sold on a non-refundable basis, but I was not told that.

I have never gotten any kind of paperwork, confirmation or anything from this company, other than email replies to my complaints from Ms. Khalil. I can't really say she is rude, but she just keeps telling me there's nothing she can do for me.

I have repeatedly asked to be given a manager's name, to be given something in writing spelling out exactly what I am supposed to receive, but I have received nothing.

I finally wrote to Visa and complained about them, but I haven't heard back from Visa, either. I cannot afford to lose $898 and get nothing. I have taken nothing from them, but they have stolen $898 from me and delivered nothing in return. My next step will be to report them to the Consumer Fraud Divison on the Texas Attorney General's Office. I am totally fed up and terribly upset, as my husband is very angry over this whole mess. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paradise-Dream-Tours/Hollywood-Florida-33023/Paradise-Dream-Tours-Individual-This-company-took-898-from-me-charged-to-my-Visa-credit-961533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paradise Dream Tours