Complaint Review: Paradise Permanent Make Up

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, June 26, 2011

• Reported By:Fairfield California
Paradise Permanent Make Up
3557 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Paradise Permanent Make Up, Aka, Tatex, Walter Crutchfield ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing scam inept training classes inferior products Las Vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: It is ALL true and confirmed! Walter Crutchfield spent time in PRISON!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: PARADISE PERMANENT MAKE-UP IS A RESPECTFUL COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: paradise permanent makeup uses dirty needles

*Consumer Comment: Walter Crutchfield told me he raped children!!

*Consumer Comment: Leah Harris is not qualified to instruct.

*Consumer Comment: hi

*UPDATE Employee: I am an instructor

*UPDATE Employee: The Truth About Classes At Paradise Permanent Makeup

Inaccurate advertising on the Internet, misleading and false representation over the phone. I interviewed Walter Crutchfield in April & May of 2004 about taking his permanent make up classes. There were 2 pre requisites I required for the classes, 1. Plant Based Pigment, 2. Hands on learning and training. These were the first 2 questions asked of Mr. Crutchfield and he assured me he used the finest pigment available, no iron oxide. Mr. Crutchfield also assured me I would be doing hands on permanent make up. I was told these things several different times during our phone conversations, we had about 8 conversations before I decided on Paradise Permanent Make Up Classes.

When I got to class none of the "Instructors" knew I was coming (Walter had already rec'd a check from my Insurance Co. for $3,587.00 on June 28th). They had me sign a form that is used for Permanent Make Up Clients, like I was a client for the services, not the classes. I was not given a class curiculum, no tests or reading for theory on facial anatomy or color theory. I was given a folder of pamphlets for Paradise, the Client release form and after care instructions for permanent make up procedures.

For the 2 days I stayed I watched his employee do touch ups on lip liner, a set of brows, touch up on brows and was given a body wrap. My instruction on the body wrap did not consist of teaching me how to measure and where to measure, they did the body wrap on me and did not have the correct wrap to keep the heat in. I was told if they had the right stuff for my wrap to do it while it was hot, I would have lost more inches. After the wrap there is to be cellulite cream put on, they did not put it on, so do not know where it would go or how it would be massaged on.

Because there were no measurements taken I don't know if it worked-and because of improper supplies I don't know how to do the wrap itself.

The first day we started at 11, I was told to go to lunch at 12:15 and be back at 1. When I got back they were eating lunch, I waited til they were done, I watched a touch up on a client and at 2:30 was told there were no more clients coming in, to go home. Got to the hotel at 3 PM. Classes were to be from 10 to 4.
I asked Linda, the instructor when I would be doing the procedures, she was surprised that I asked and said it was against the law for me to do permanent make up in Clark county.

I called Walter the first night and asked him when would I be doing the procedures, he said, "Not to give up, they may have a Dr. coming while I was there, he had applied for his license and they were calling in every day to see if it had arrived."

I went to class the next day, same stuff, got my supplies to take home. It was IRON OXIDE PIGMENT,(it is the first ingredient), one bottle had the seal broken, some in boxes, some weren't, some pigments were different brands, hodge podge. He said I would get supplies included in the cost of the class as well as enough supplies for a year.

I got no supplies included in the class, no dark pigments-not what he told me again. I called Walter Friday (July 16th)after class and told him I would not be continuing with his classes and why. I would bring the supplies back.

When I got there Sat AM, he asked me to write a letter why I was quitting the class. I did. He said he would fax it to my Vocational Rehab Counselor, Susan Clavel on Monday morning so she would know what was happening. I returned all the supplies on Saturday, July 17th and asked for a refund for the classes as well as the supplies.

He said he would have to think about it. Walter did not contact Susan, nor fax her. Susan called Walter on Monday afternoon, he told her he would fax to her the amount of the refund Wednesday. He has not kept his word on this either. Susan asked me to call Walter Wednesday afternoon before the end of business, when I did, he refused to talk with me. I am requesting a FULL refund for the classes as well as my airfare, hotel and food.

I would not have taken his class had he told me up front they use iron oxide pigment-and would not be able to do hands on procedures in class. This is fraudulent, misleading-he overbilled my Insurance Co., I told him before he billed the company I didn't want to do the body casting class and he still billed them for it. He wasted my time as well as my insurance money for my career training. I still need supplies and advanced training. I would never have agreed to pay $5,000.00 to watch people work.

For the advanced class I was to learn scar cover up and aereola application. There were none of these apts. scheduled on the book. No eyeliner or lash enhancements. Only touch ups.

What it says in his Internet Website, $1,200.00 for the basic class is Brows, lip liner, full lip, eyeliner, lash enhancement and supplies. There were no full lips on the books, either. And, every supply I was given was charged for over and above the class cost.
I was to take the class for 6 days, my room and airfare were all paid for.

I lost the money on my hotel, had to pay another $100.00 to go home early and had to go out to the airport two times to be able to get on a plane to come home. Ended up getting home at 2:30 AM, left Las Vegas at 11:59 Sunday night.

Dawn
Fairfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paradise-Permanent-Make-Up/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Paradise-Permanent-Make-Up-Aka-Tatex-Walter-Crutchfield-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-bil-100159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paradise Permanent Make Up

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

It is ALL true and confirmed! Walter Crutchfield spent time in PRISON!

AUTHOR: Mary Ellen - (USA)

EVERYTHING being said here is All true and confirmed with the Clark County Court house, District court, Federal court and the Las Vegas Metropolitan police department. Walter Crutchfield, the owner of Paradise permanent makeup in Las Vegas NV is a convicted felon. He spent 2 years in prison for selling and manufacturing crack cocaine (METH). He sells crack cocaine to your children!!! He's a disgusting human being!! He has multiple police reports filed against him for sexually assaulting female customers. He is a bisexual. He takes young men off the streets that are strung out on crack cocaine and gives them more crack in exchange for gay sex and companionship. He is a lonely old man that lives alone in a condo. The girl that posted the above comment is one of his employees named Leah Harris. Leah Harris is also strung out on METH. She also is a convicted felon. She spent time in prison for credit card theft, burglery, auto theft and several other felony's. Walter Crutchfield supplies her with METH CRACK COCAINE. Read the internet reviews how she damaged peoples faces with the tattoo needle. Walter Crutchfield has also been sued over 50 times by customers after causing permanent nerve damage, scarring and other medical problems after performing permanent makeup on them. You can read some of the confirmed reports here (((ROR redacted))) and be sure and contact the Clark County court house, district court and federal court to confirm for yourself. His health card was also revoked by the health department years ago after several woman came forward and filed police reports for sexual assault while getting permanent makeup done by Walter Crutchfield, but he illegally continues to apply permanent makeup on customers even after the health department took away his license. (((ROR redacted)))

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

PARADISE PERMANENT MAKE-UP IS A RESPECTFUL COMPANY

AUTHOR: AMBER RODRIGUEZ - (United States of America)

IN regards to the negative comments made about "Paradise Permanent Make-up" I understand when things don't go as plan it's really not fair to post negative things about a respectful company, it's owner or employees, Mr Walter crutchfield is a very caring man i have worked with him over 12 years I've witness him take in people off the streets, house them, feed them he is a very productive man in business and in life, the unfair things you're saying about him is untrue and critical I'm sorry about you're bad experience here in Las Vegas and I'm sure it was a mis under standing and i hope you got the training you were looking for else where

paradise permanent makeup uses dirty needles

AUTHOR: makeupgirl - (United States of America)

They re-use dirty needles. Go to http://permanentmakeupcomplaints.blogspot.com/

and read more about Walter Crutchfield and Paradise permanent makeup. He is a convicted felon and spent years in prison. Everybody should know this before you walk into his business doors. Go to the link to read the arrest report.

Walter Crutchfield told me he raped children!!

AUTHOR: webmaster in Vegas - (United States of America)

Walter Crutchfield, the owner of this school Paradise permanent makeup in Las Vegas, is a bad person. Do not attend his school. I made over $10,000.00 of websites for him in exchange for permanent makeup training, and he refused to give the training. He has my five websites that I designed, and he didn't pay a dime for them. He STOLE from me. WALTER CRUTCHFIELD IS A DISHONEST THIEF! I made the pink website. It is mine, and he NEVER paid his end of the deal. HE SIMPLY LIED!! HE'S A PIECE OF SHIT!! I HOPE YOU DIE SOON WALTER CRUTCHFIELD SO YOU DON'T STEAL FROM ANYMORE FROM PEOPLE AND YOU STOP RAPING CHILDREN AND WOMAN!!! Walter Crutchfield is an 84 year old ugly old man con artist!! He's going to die anyday, and I bet Leah can't wait until he dies so she can take over his business. She sure has a lot of cleaning up to do around there.

Do a background check on WALTER H. CRUTCHFIELD with the Nevada Clark County Court house, and the health department, and you will see his criminal history. It's public record. Anybody can view it. He's being sued right now as we speak for stealing $78,000.00 from a man.

He has been accused of sexual assault by several female students. He's also a known bisexual. He told me that he had to have sex with black men in prison to keep alive. The health department took away his health card after he several female students accused him of assaulting them. He spent time in prison. He admits to molesting children. He admits to hypnotizing his female students then raping them. He has been sued and he sued people over 50 times. He's a sue happy idiot. He's still sueing people even at 84!! People sue him all the time for "breach of contract". He also has been sued for raping one of his female students and several female students filed police reports on him for RAPE!! He has so many enemies that he has over been sued over 50 times by his students and other people he ripped off. He has a criminal history a mile long. He is a convicted felon. Do your due diligence and do NOT walk through this schools door. You will be sorry if you do. You will WISH you NEVER did. He is a very dishonest person. He is a dirty disgusting human being. I HOPE HE DIES SOON! I HOPE WALTER CRUTCHFIELD DIES SOON!! I HOPE HE DIES OF A SLOW PAINFUL HEART ATTACK!! DIE WALTER CRUTCHFIELD!! DIE!!

YOU HAVE A LOT OF ENEMIES IN THIS WORLD WALTER CRUTCHFIELD!! I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT OR LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELF KNOWING EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO INNOCENT PEOPLE. YOU STEAL FROM PEOPLE AND YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU RAPED CHILDREN!! YOU HAVE FRAUDULENT NONPROFIT WEBSITES!! YOU ARE A DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING!!

DO NOT GO PARADISE PERMANENT MAKEUP IN LAS VEGAS, NV OWNED BY WALTER CRUTCHFIELD, YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO!!

Shelly Whiteman

Leah Harris is not qualified to instruct.

AUTHOR: Mary Ellen - (USA)

I was thinking about attending this permanent makeup school until I just read Leah Harris's response to the former unhappy student. I feel Leah Harris's response was unprofressional and unethical and makes the school look bad as a whole. Leah Harris, the instructor at Paradise permanent makeup accused the former student of lying. However, I read over the student's complaint and there is nothing in her complaint that suggests she lied. She merely stated that she was unhappy with her training. Her complaint is common in Las Vegas, as there is no state boards that regulate the permanent makeup (or tattoo) industry and training. Therefore, there is no structured training schools that are regulated or governed by any body of authority. The health department regulates the sanitation of permanent makeup and tattoo shops, but they do not regulate the training (nobody does).

Leah Harris owes the former student an apology due to her unprofessional and unethical manners. Leah Harris simply has bad manners; PERIOD.

hi

AUTHOR: lasvegaslocal - (United States of America)

Your permanent make up just looks like took a sharpie and drew on people's faces. It is a shame. You should look for a different job.

I am an instructor

AUTHOR: Leah Harris - (U.S.A.)

I am one of the Instructors here at Paradise Permanent Make-up. I make sure that everything we say we are going to do we do. I ahve been here for seven years and there is no such thing as TATEX for one. There is only so much training you can receive in 3 days and never has anyone been promised supplies enough to last a year. In our training program you learn all the basics of permanent make-up. Sanitation, Sterilization, Consultation, Application, equipment, technique, color theory and business practice and set-up. Some people are very natural at the ART of permanent make-up and some just learn concept but have a hard time with hands on.

It is very important that you know I personally have trained hundreds of people and i would say at least 75% are thriving in this profession wherever they are. We have very good relations with these people and never have they recieved "hodge Podge". We have a variety of suppliers in which we are a distributor with a few reputable companies and yes we use more than one brand including our own. So if this person couldn't get it right from what she learned than i guess there is nothing worse than taking a few more classes and telling the truth.

The Truth About Classes At Paradise Permanent Makeup

AUTHOR: Lonnie - (U.S.A.)

As An employee Of Paradise Permanent Makeup My job is not to put on permanent Makeup or handle Clients or students but I sure see them come and go. I can by no means deny that this student perhaps didn't get all she could have from the training she received, however It was my knowledge she failed to organize herself and apply what she was learning and rapidly became frustrated, this person missed many classes and lost interest and now has an ax to grind. Much has changed in the way these classes are now conducted - much more organized and in a structured method. This allows students to get the most out of the very fast paced training they receive.

As a last testimonial about the SUCCESS of the students taught by Paradise Permanent Makeup is the example of this student who now applies her knowedge and skills in her new career. Let Me introduce you to: Laura Desnoyers, she now resides in Rhode Island with her own business applying Permanent Makeup - see her website at http://www.alwaysbeautiful.biz - this type of success is what We are about at Paradise The Original House of Permanent Makeup. We invite your comments, email us at wcparadise@aol.com