Complaint Review: Paradise Station

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Sungurl — Modesto California USA
Paradise Station
1717 Paradise Rd Modesto, California United States of America

Paradise Station USPS of Modesto Ca 95351 The Worst and Most Lazy Post Office Workers In Ca. Modesto, California

*Consumer Suggestion: You have to take into account

*Author of original report: To Incompetent Postal Employee

*Consumer Comment: Are you sure?

*Consumer Comment: Comments

They are to lazy to bring signature mail to the door to have you sign it. Instead they leave a notice saying you need to come pick it up. I work at home, have no gate nor outside dog that would deter this man from coming to my door. They also leave larger packages in the dirt under your mailbox rather on your doorstep. Call and ask to talk to a manager and the clerk will hang up on you because they prefer their manager does not know. People of the USA, use on line bill pay and make the USPS become a thing of the past. Where is the rip off...My mail has been stolen from being left under my mail box and I have to waste gas money to go pick up packages that they could not bring to my door to sign. I doubt you care but I am so sick of it...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paradise-Station/Modesto-California-95358/Paradise-Station-USPS-of-Modesto-Ca-95351-The-Worst-and-Most-Lazy-Post-Office-Workers-In-C-728697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paradise Station

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You have to take into account

AUTHOR: Bob P - (United States of America)

That you live on the west side of Modesto. The post office on Paradise RD deals with an extreme amount of package and mail theft from porches and mail boxes. I can tell you this because I lived just off Paradise RD for 40 years. If you truly want your packages left, go to the post office and fill out the release of liability form they have behind the counter. Now if your packages get stolen you have no one to blame but yourself.

To Incompetent Postal Employee

AUTHOR: mama21 - (USA)

You say your a consumer, your rebuttal sounds more like a employee? Why would you accuse me of yelling, ordering and threatening? None of which but I did so moving on...

Almost two years ago my mail stopped being delivered for 6 days...No junk mail even. I called the Paradise station to ask why...The manager instantly sent someone to bring me 6 days worth of mail.
Last year I kept getting notices on non signature packages saying I need to pick them up. Most of which would have fit in my mail box. I had over 15 packages at the post office because of lack of delivery. I went and showed the manager my notices/packages. She apologized and said from here on out they would be delivered. At that time I told her I work at home and there is no reason for my mail to not be delivered.

Next the post man will not even knock on my door for my signature. He has been talked to and knows I am home.. He just will not get out of his truck for anything. Oh and by the way it's not my job to sit around waiting for the post man so I can tell him once again how to do his job.

Now I had a package dropped over 40 feet from my front door and I mere 3 feet from the road. The sad part about that was the post man looked at my daughter and didn't even call her over to pick it up.

What I find refreshing is that you also had signature packages taken back to the post office while you where home. That shows that you to where the victim of a post man who was to lazy to knock on your door for a signature...I guess this is a USPS problem. I do applaud your post man for being competent enough to fix his errors after being talked to. However my post man has ignored three pleas to deliver my mail as he should. As of date I have met only one Paradise employee there that does his job well.

Are you sure?

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

"The Worst and Most Lazy Post Office Workers"-

I dunno, there's some pretty stiff competition for that title.

Comments

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Have you actually talked to your mail carrier about it?  If you do work at home you should know when the mail comes.  Perhaps taking 5 minutes to talk..not yell..not scream..not complain..not order..not threaten...but talk to them and ask if they could leave packages at your door or come to your door to have you sign it.

It could be just a matter that they don't know you are at home so they don't want to waste time.  I have had very few instances with my mail and I found that talking to my mail carrier often has very good results.