Complaint Review: Parago

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2007

• Reported By:Post Falls Idaho
Parago
700 State Highway 121 Bypass, Suite 200 Lewisville, Texas U.S.A.

Parago refuses to honor Office Depot rebate on HannsG computer monitor ripoff Lewisville, Texas

On 3/16/07 I purchased a Hanns G 19" computer monitor (JC-19DPB, Rebate Offer 07-66558) from my local Office Depot Store in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. A $70 rebate was offered and my computer friend said that he really like those monitors and after the rebate price, it was a real good deal. I hate rebates and usually don't buy anything with a rebate offer but $70 was just too tempting. A couple of my friends also bought one each because of the deal and we all sent in our rebates the same or next day. They have recieved theirs and I never have received mine, even though they were mailed from the same Post Office.

When I then e-mailed rebates@rebateshq.com on May 16, 2007, I did not receive a return e-mail until May 21, 2007 telling me to resubmit my original submission form to (888) 864-5763 and allow 48 hours to process the fax. How convenient is the fact that the rebate was only valid 3/11/07 thru 03/31/07. I suppose I should have sent it registered mail, return receipt. You can't even check on your rebates online or by phone before the offer is over.

Well, I did resubmit as requested and called several days later and was told they did not recieve my submission and that fax number was not used for that for about a year. The customer service person (an oxymoron for sure) told me the correct fax number was (888) 864-5763.

So again I did that, 2 days in a row. After several more days I called again and heard the same story. So every day for 8 days I re faxed the information and asked to be contacted in regard to my rebate submission. I called again and was told they never received my submission and anyway, that promotion is all over. Not with me it ain't!

So here I am writing this story with hopes it makes a difference. I have canceled both of my Office Depot cards, personal and business and will never buy anything at Office Depot again plus will never, ever do another rebate!

I have copies of everything and even a letter of disgust sent to Parago, Inc. All of this information will be sent to Office Depot Corporate as soon as i find out where to send it. Apparently Parago, Inc. has quite a bad reputation and I was told that this is their usually practice and they can just keep the money because most people just give up.

Tim
Post Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2007 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parago/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Parago-refuses-to-honor-Office-Depot-rebate-on-HannsG-computer-monitor-ripoff-Lewisville-255096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parago