Complaint Review: Paragon Acura

• Reported By: Joe — United States of America
Paragon Acura
56-02 Northern Boulevard Woodside, New York United States of America

Paragon Acura Paragon Honda Bait and switch Woodside, New York

Well, I had an awful experience with Paragon Acura. Here are the details...

- Wednesday: I call Paragon Acura about an Acura RSX that I see on their website. I find it a little strange that there is no photo of the vehicle posted, but I wanted the car so bad that I inquired about it anyway. I speak to Stephanie Perez, who tells me all about the car and makes an appointment on Saturday with me.

- Thursday: I cancel the appointment after I see the price of the car has increased by $1000 over night. Stephanie assures me that I can get it at the price I originally saw it for so I keep the appointment. I tell her that I will be coming from South NJ, which is over 2 hours away and that I have to go back after the appointment so I'll call on Saturday morning to ensure the car is in stock.

- Saturday morning: I call up Paragon Acura and they tell me the car is in stock.

- Saturday around 2pm: I get to Paragon Acura. I call them up FROM THE PARKING LOT and ask if the car is in stock. They "check" and tell me it is there in the lot. I walk into the dealership immediately after.

- I go inside and they send me to a sales rep named Emad. He sits me and my wife down at his desk. I tell him what he want. He immediately says, "a 2002 RSX? Ya know we have a 2006 outside". I tell him I'm only interested in the 2002. He pretends to check on his computer and looks very confused. He tells me he'll be right back. He comes back and says "oh that car was sold yesterday." I said, "Really? I just called from outside and they told me it was in the lot."  Emad was very confused and gave a half smirk because he knew he'd been caught. I almost felt bad for this guy. He was the worst salesman ever. It was comical. He immediately said, "we have a great 2006."

I almost couldn't believe it. I just caught this character lying to me and he didn't even acknowledge it. Do yourselves a favor. Do your homework on this place. They are a NOTORIOUS bait and switch shop. By the way, that 2002 RSX was posted on their website for another month after I'd been there. I emailed Stephanie telling her about my experience and thanked her for wasting 4 hours of my time and asked how she enjoys lying to people for a living. She did not respond. I guess I wouldn't either if I was her. These people are snakes. Even worse than other used car hacks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paragon-Acura/Woodside-New-York-11377/Paragon-Acura-Paragon-Honda-Bait-and-switch-Woodside-New-York-564755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paragon Acura