- Report: #744785
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Paragon Management Group
Paragon Management Group3362 Long Beach Road Long Beach Road, New York United States of America
Paragon Management Group PMG, WMI, Scentura Creations Just Because You Change Your Name Doesn't Mean It's Not a SCAM! Long Beach Road, New York
*General Comment: An Objective Perspective
*General Comment: Shutting Offices Down, Confessions from Former Office Owners, News Stories
*UPDATE Employee: An Objective Perspective
When I actually went there, the office had no decorations, no business sign- it looked empty. The only person that was there besides the interviewees was the receptionist, Amanda, who was poorly dressed. I don't care how "casual" an office setting is, you are supposed to wear clothes that are neat and well-fitting as a professional.
The 1st interview was a little strange too, as I had to be interviewed with another person. Usually you get interviewed one-on-one, because it is a little weird to talk about your work history in front of a complete stranger who could be your potential competition. Anyway, Amanda gave me the option of being a "receptionist" or a "manager-in-training". I picked the "manager-in-training" option because if I am going to travel a half-hour and kill gas, I better be paid more than 9 dollars an hour. Also, I would rather be given the choice to learn and grow with a company than answer phones all day- there will be no motivation in it for me.
After the basic interview, she shook my hand and said I would be contacted at 6:00 pm for a 2nd interview if considered. As predicted, I was called at that exact time. Before coming to the 2nd interview, Dave told me to park my car on a side street. Weird, because I have been on many interviews and regardless of how limited parking is, they never say to "park on a side street". It just seemed unneccesarily secretive. But I still confirmed the meeting time for 10:45 because I wasn't doing anything that day, and I also wanted to see if my suspicions were correct.
The 2nd interview had me sitting there for 2 hours. It was only entertaining because Dave was incredibly unprofessional and had these funny stories to tell. However, the 2nd Interview confirmed my suspicions because of these 9 warning signs:
1) Dave wore a suit that was too big for him- I mean, honestly, you are not THAT small that you can't find something that is not TWO sizes too big. In fact, now that I look at it, it was probably rented!
2) The constant pacing around, talking too fast, and weird hand gestures. Typical Slimy Salesman communication skills.
3) He cursed like a sailor at a recruitment meeting with young professionals (I've had bosses in the past that do curse on a regular office day if they are pissed or stressed out, but never at an interview).
4) He is incredibly uneducated- he had problems figuring out simple math when HE himself is supposed to know the ins and outs of sales profits. He also can't spell, even when corrected by his trainees.
5) Terms such as MLM and B2B Marketing (I'm supposed to bring the fragrances to the customers, when I was told at first that the job entailed customer service over the phone)
6) Connections (aliases) such as Scentura and David Hahn
7) The fact that you only get paid $30,000 salary once you complete training, and the training can last more than 6-8 weeks, so you may never see that 30K.
8) The fact that I was sitting in a room with high school students. Some were dressed for church and one of them had braces.
9) Last, but certainly not least, Dave kept reiterating that it was NOT A SCAM. Anytime someone does that, and seems unusually angry about the accusations- chances are it IS a scam. The comments aren't from thin air, there has to be some semblance of truth to if it is that constant.
Bottom line is that I wouldn't have time or the money (yes, MONEY spent on fuel) to entertain this job offer even if it was legitimate. I am trying to go to Grad School, ok? Instead of part-time like they promised they want me to work from 9-6 on weekdays, which means that I would jeopardize my chances of taking the Graduate classes I wanted, which often starts at 4 or 6 pm. Also, it doesn't make sense to spend money on transportation with a nonexistent salary.
I plan to take further action than just reporting them on this site. I feel robbed that I actually spent time and fuel going there, only to confirm my beliefs that this is inherent B.S. I am also mad that Dave was talking to us as if we were stupid and said that we have to wait till next week to be fully informed about the "payment proccess". I feel like tipping them off to a nearby police officer. What do you guys think?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paragon-Management-Group/Long-Beach-Road-New-York-/Paragon-Management-Group-PMG-WMI-Scentura-Creations-Just-Because-You-Change-Your-Name-Do-744785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)