Complaint Review: Paragon Way, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, December 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, December 13, 2009

• Reported By: Fighting back — Portsmouth New Hampshire United States of America
Paragon Way, Inc.
PO Box 42829 Austin, Texas United States of America

Paragon Way, Inc. Paragon Way Debt never owed-Collection Fraud-how to sue Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: re:

I am getting action from filing a complaint with my state's attorney general.

Paragon Way purchased a debt I did not owe from Household Finance (Scam home improvement scheme where charges were reversed in 1990)

They have been harrasssing me from 13 years by reselling this "debt" and changing collection agencies.

I have read about both of these companies on the rip off report, I am sure there are others out there that are having this problem.

I am hoping other victims  will file a complaint with their attorney general's office so the authorities will move in and stop their fraudulent activities.

Google your state's attorney generals office and file an online report. You will be assigned a case number and they contact the offenders(s) on your behalf.

After the Attorney General sent me a letter I received an email and several phone calls from an attorney representing one of the collection agencies they used.

In my state they ask that  you try to mediate the problem. If I don't agree that they are doing enough to put an end to this collection fraud then the attorney general will get involved.

I have asked the collection agency to prove to me in writing that they have told paragon way that it is not a valid debt. Then my next step will be to amend my oringinal complaint  to the attorney general to include Paragon Way and HOusehold Finance as the perpertrators of this debt fraud.

I'll keep you posted on outcome.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paragon-Way-Inc/Austin-Texas-78704/Paragon-Way-Inc-Paragon-Way-Debt-never-owed-Collection-Fraud-how-to-sue-Austin-Texas-538192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paragon Way, Inc.

re:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Debt this old is time-barred and cannot be placed on your credit report....tell them to get lost...

Send them a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do not use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting that you cease all communications with me about this alleged debt. This letter is being time stamped via Certified Mail and I can confirm receipt. I will pursue each subsequent phone call from your office with a $1,000 per incident penalty for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations

Next time they call, read the following statement:

Pursuant to [your state] state law, this is to inform you that this phone call is being recorded. If you do not consent to being recorded, you need to terminate this call. Pursuant to [your state] state law, continuation of this phone call after officially being informed that it is being recorded implies consent to be recorded. This recording will be used to pursue Fair Debt Collection Practice Act violations in a court of law.