Complaint Review: Paramount Institute of Hair Skin and Nails

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: snake bite victim — lakeland Florida United States of America
Paramount Institute of Hair Skin and Nails
4943 U.S. 98 Lakeland, Florida United States of America

Paramount Institute of Hair Skin and Nails Peter De Toth Lourdes Santos Scam artists Lakeland, Florida

*Consumer Comment: School closing

*General Comment: Do your research. There is a reason this school shut down!

*Consumer Comment: No Brown Nose Here!

*Consumer Comment: Nice folks, anger student with no class!

*Consumer Comment: wowwwww

*Consumer Comment: YES this school is Shady!

*General Comment: A happy Graduate

If you are considering attending this shady school for training as a cosmetologist/barber, I recommend you look elsewhere. The owners of this school are only interested in profits, and will screw you over in the end. Favoritism is a factor in your success at this corrupt training location, so make sure you kiss the rear-ends of the owner's disgusting behinds, and pretend to be a Republican, because if you aren't, they will make you pay for not following their extremist beliefs.

The school is supposedly attempting to become nationally accredited through the NACCAS. This would be a positive thing in one way, because they need someone to regulate their devious business practices. On the other had, they do not deserve accreditation for all the people they have screwed.

Chances are, by the time you read this post the owners of the the school will have died from cholesterol poisoning, so if that's the case disregard my comments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2011 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paramount-Institute-of-Hair-Skin-and-Nails/Lakeland-Florida-33809/Paramount-Institute-of-Hair-Skin-and-Nails-Peter-De-Toth-Lourdes-Santos-Scam-artists-Lakel-698317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paramount Institute of Hair Skin and Nails

School closing

AUTHOR: Derrick Simmons - (United States of America)

To the person who thinks this school was shady! I was one the students who got their license before the school closed. And you are just a plain liar!! This school was great! The reason for closing had nothing to do
with their business practices. Students attending the school were just not paying their bill and you can not keep a school open if students do not pay. I saw the staff allowing students to attend for months at a time without making a payment. The state is not looking for them and no one fixed hours again I was there and saw students trying to pride the staff to get their papers. Never happened!!!!!

#2 General Comment

Do your research. There is a reason this school shut down!

AUTHOR: Paramount is shady! - (United States of America)

In regards to comments on here. Do your research!

The School folded up in May of 2011.

The owners can no longer operate a Salon/School in the State of Florida. They are currently being sought by the state.

I personally know of students that paid the extra money to graduate before thry folded and fixed their hours so they could take their State Boards. However those who they fixed hours for their licenses were revoked and had to pretty much start at a new school all over again

Now don't tell me that is not shady!

No Brown Nose Here!

AUTHOR: Derrick Simmons - (United States of America)

Whoever wrote this negative report had to be a student of low standards and who did not give a sh--! The
staff and owners, from what is saw dealt with these kinds of attitudes daily. Students thought that because they were paying they ran the school and could do whoever they wanted to. This is a post-secondary school for adults but students acted like they were in high school.
   I was not a student but on the teaching staff and believe these owners were not evil nor did they have the attitude that it was all about money.
   Believe no student could kiss the rear-end of anyone and if anyone had extremist beliefs-it was the students.
    It's just put it out there, when you don't get what you want- most people get angry and say untrue comments-such is the case here.

Nice folks, anger student with no class!

AUTHOR: Derrick Simmons - (United States of America)

These folks do not deserve to be on this website. I went to this school for 2 years that is how long it took me to complete my program. Mr. Peter and Ms. Lourdes were nice and always helpful. Whoever wrote this is most likely a student who did not come to school to study and get their education. I saw students trying to rip this school and trying getting away with doing nothing to get their education and then expect the school to issue them a license. It was a job to get "adults" to follow dress codes while doing very little to graduate.
   I did my research before I signed up for school and found that Paramount really had the best staff and teaching tools for any person to enter the beauty industry.
   To put it in simple words, don't believe everything you read because in this case they are dead wrong.

wowwwww

AUTHOR: Angrypayingstudent - (United States of America)

To the person that commented as you can see you were one of their favorites or one of their kids they had in there everyday. These people deserve to be put in jail and I can say I took out loans for this school so they were paid and paid lovely. All I am gonna say that is not at the bottom is that when I am through with them they will not have a school to even think about let alone a person to taking advatage of. I never wish death apon anyone so I agree, but they should be locked away for stealing government money from students and lying. Anyway, you can read further at what these evil and non believers did to me and I know God has my back and the devil shall be cast down.

The owner took it upon her self not to send out my license after I completed my program

this School should be closed down and the owner should be locked up for wrongful doing to paying students. My complaint is very simple and legal action is also taking place. I attended this school on march 2007 till June 2007 working on my nail license. The school did not take finanical aid but did work with student loans I took out a loan to attend and also paid in cash for my AIDS test and board test and at the end of all this I finshed with passing grades and the owner of the school handed me my temporay license in nails and informed me that she would send out my paper work for me to get my original license and she never did. After all these years I have never recieved my nail licence and I am still paying back money for the loans I took out to attend. This really hurts me because I worked hard and finished but have nothing to show for it. I am in the process of dealing with a lawyer and I am planning on suing this school for many things. I greatly advise no one to attend this beauty school.

YES this school is Shady!

AUTHOR: Paramount is shady! - (United States of America)

The first person got it right when it comes to this school! They are shady people and play favorites regardless of if you are a good/bad student! I was a Excellent student and if you are not a brown nosing butt kisser they wouldn't give 2 $hit's about you. I learned absolutely nothing! I didn't learn how to cut hair the proper way until I passed my state boards and started working with a Salon that would work with me on what my $9,000 didn't teach me! My advice stick it out and go to Traviss or Ridge or the new beauty school on Memorial in the old Sear's town building. I can guarantee you will learn a lot more at another school!

I learned nothing about color but what we did in the Basic class, I can account that I did 5 coloring's on the floor in the 5 month's I was on the floor. And I will tell you, they match client's to you based on your personality and the client's personality. And all the favorites get the better services like color. I am a witness to this and can atest to it!!!

If you are good at a certain haircut that is what you will get stuck doing the entire time on the floor! Trust me it happened to me! I never got to do a A-line, fade and did only 3 men's cut's the entire time I was at this school! And guess what? Where I work I do 90% of Men's cut's daily and fades! And who taught me but me watching you-tube videos to learn not the school! And my employer say's I am a very talented stylist and can't believe I was never taught to do fade's or men's cut's. Teaching at this school is for the birds! You have other student's teaching other student's and not learning a darn thing!

Now if someone want's to comment on this, they will probably be speaking falsely! Because they are either the owner's responding to cover their lying butt's or one of them Brown nosing butt kissers!

#7 General Comment

A happy Graduate

AUTHOR: a happy graduate - (United States of America)

What a joke? This report is so one-sided!! The person who wrote this mostl likely did not finish paying their tuition and is angry. I am a graduate of the school and know Mr. Pete and Ms. Lourdes. They are not "screwing people" over, in fact, I saw them work with students with all kinds of personal and $$$ issues. As for favoritism I did not see any- oh wait-they did favor good students who were doing the right things to finish their program and taking responsibility for their own education and success. Naccas will be good for the students as this will help with tuition and do not regulate a school with good success ratio of students passing state board exams and having lots of students who are gainfully employed in the field. Shame on you for wishing them death-what kind of person are you- You need help- your devious tone clearly shows you have anger issues-and points are based on lack of information. Good lack with that. I just felt someone should set you straight and do not trash people who are working hard.

spectacular