Complaint Review: Parc Belmar

• Updated: Thu, April 03, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Lakewood Colorado
Parc Belmar
7301 W Ohio Ave Lakewood, Colorado USA

Parc Belmar Hidden 60-Day notice clause, Increase in rent by 30% for last month Lakewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Not Illegal, but not ethical either

*General Comment: Did you read??

We signed a lease with Parc Belmar.  30 days prior to the end of our lease, we gave them notice that we would be vacating the property at the end of our lease.  They informed us that we were required to give 60 days notice (which they did not mention when they went over the lease with us when we signed).

As a result, we are legally required to pay for another month's rent which has been increased by 30% from the rent as it was in our original lease agreement.  Additionally, they increased fees included in our monthly bill, so while my rent was roughly 1260 for the 1st month, it was up to 1370 by the end of the lease, and now I will be paying 1780 for this last month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2014 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parc-Belmar/Lakewood-Colorado-80226/Parc-Belmar-Hidden-60-Day-notice-clause-Increase-in-rent-by-30-for-last-month-Lakewood-1135989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parc Belmar

Not Illegal, but not ethical either

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I am not implying that they have done anything illegal.  After reading yelp reviews, I am far from the only person who has been caught off guard by this.  It is definitely true that I should have taken note of the 60 day notice, which I must have seen while reading the extremely long lease.  However, I don't think it is ethical business practice to raise rent by 30% without notice (notice was only given because we attempted to terminate the lease).  While it is partially my fault, I do not trust the management.  Additionally, part of the reason the rent here is justified is the multiple services they offer to residents, which are frequently not useable (the steam room frquently smells like urine in the women's locker room, the men's steam room is usually out of order, the hot tub jets don't work most of the time and it's usually dirty).  They clearly designed the lease in order to lure the unwise into paying them exorbitant sums of money.  While that is as I mentioned not illegal, I would highly recommend against becoming involved with a company that conducts business in this fashion.

#2 General Comment

Did you read??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

If they are charging you this, then its something you agreed to when you signed the elase. Did you read what you signed?? Im betting you didnt as you are shocked that you are being charged that amount. This is a common occurance with the American Consumer. They are asked to sign a contract of some form and they do so, but they NEVER read what they are getting into. Its NOT hidden if its in plain print on the paperwork you signed.