Complaint Review: ParetoLogic Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 01, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, January 04, 2011

• Reported By: Tom in CA — Bonita California USA
ParetoLogic Inc.

ParetoLogic Inc. Safecart.com DriverCure by ParetoLogic is a virus for which you pay $39!!! Beware of this company. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DriverCure Purcahse

Recently I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 7. It won't recognize some of my external drives. Searching Google, I discovered this was fairly common and the solutions offered didn't work, or were too complicated for an intermediate user to cope with. I was drawn to a program that offered to fix driver issues. I thought it was freeware, but after downloading, the program offered fixes to 19 "problem" areas. When I hit the "fix" button, I was directed to pay $39 (but if I act today, they'll take off $10). So I got suckered into this deal, figuring their money back guarantee would protect me. After sever unsuccessful attempts to download various drivers, I gave up. Some research here and other places indicated that this company is famous for suckering in people to pay big bucks for what amounts to be spyware or a virus. I was fortunate to have a good (and free) uninstall program, which seems to have done its job. I've read that the usual Windows uninstall programs won't work for this junk.

By the way, my bill ended up being $39, as $9.97 was added for a "Privacy Controls License" whatever that is. By the way, I also was informed that my "license" would be renewed automatically and I'd be charged an unspecified amount at some unspecified date. I'll be on the phone to this company as soon as the charges hit my American Express account and will expect a full and prompt refund. This company should be closed down for committing fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ParetoLogic-Inc/internet/ParetoLogic-Inc-Safecartcom-DriverCure-by-ParetoLogic-is-a-virus-for-which-you-pay-39-677416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ParetoLogic Inc.

DriverCure Purcahse

AUTHOR: CustomerSupport - (Canada)

Hello,

I apologize you were have difficulties with the program you had purchased.

As the payment processing company for Paretologic we offer many different ways to contact us if you are having problems with your purchase via our toll free number Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm PST at 1-877-370-9229 and by email at customerservice@safecart.com. We can also provide you with information to contact the Publisher of the program you purchased. There customer service line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm PST at 1-877-420-7340.

In regards to the pricing information the verbiage on the pre safecart page state.

Yes, Include web browser and cleaning optimization!

( $29.97 Now only $9.97)

You have to OptOut of this already pre selected box. Also on the SafeCart Cart page it will list the exactly the services that have been selected:

• Product:

ParetoLogic

• Payment type:

• Payment amount:

One payment of: $39.97 USD

and regarding the the automatic renewal is a service the Publisher is offering and on the Final Cart page the verbage states

Your purchase today includes enrolment in our automatic renewal service, allowing you to maintain your

product registration & receive critical program updates.

Learn more

The service automatically charges an amount equal to or less than the then current price of the

software (plus applicable taxes) prior to the expiration of your product subscription to your

credit card or debit card so you don't have to worry about your product expiring. You may turn

off the automatic renewal service at any time by signing in to your SafeCart account at

www.safecart.com/login, or by contacting SafeCart Customer Support. You will receive a notification

shortly before your subscription expires and before any payment is billed to alert you that your

product subscription will be automatically renewed.

No, thank you. Please do not automatically renew my subscription when it expires.

If you have any further questions please give our customer service team a call and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,