Complaint Review: Park West At Sea

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 02, 2006

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Park West At Sea
160 Greentree Drive Dover, Delaware U.S.A.

Park West At Sea fraudulently misreprenting value of artwork Ripoff Dover Delaware
Rip-off Report Investigation: Park West receives a POSITIVE RATING from Rip-off Report -commitment to providing excellent customer service, pledges its commitment to 100% customer satisfaction - over 1 million satisfied clients - feel confident & secure when doing business with Park West Gallery

I was on a Disney cruise recently and purchased a print supposedly signed by Dali for several thousands. When I came home and searched the internet, I was horrified to find reports on this company that made me realize that I had been scammed.

My Dali print, EVEN IF AUTHENTIC, is worth approximately one tenth of the price that I paid. Of course, buyer beware and all that, but part of the ploy is that they tell you the value is worth a few thousand more than what they start the auction at--and that this is an average amount from several appraisals. This is just a boldfaced lie.

This company really covers their bases too. All sales are final, and you sign a contract that states that any other appraisal is not applicable. You have to go by the appraisal given by them, which is a bit of a conflict of interest to say the least!

They also tell you all kinds of stuff that may or may not be true about the works. I do not know how they live with themselves. The name of the auctioneer on the cruise I went on was Danielle English. Time to find another career Danielle?

I have put the amount I paid into dispute with my credit company and have offered to pay an amount that a reliable source has told me this print is really worth. I doubt that this will be acceptable to PARK WEST AT SEA, that I will be out several thousands and that I will have to sue them.

Disney cruiselines should be ashamed for having scamsters like this on board. They got a good chunk of money out of it, but why Disney would tarnish their name I do not know.

I have since found out that these auctions are on all the crusies, but part of the reason I was duped is that I assumed that if Disney would have them on board, they must be authentic. Boy was I wrong! Whatever you do stay away from these people.

Karen
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Park-West-At-Sea/Dover-Delaware-19904/Park-West-At-Sea-fraudulently-misreprenting-value-of-artwork-Ripoff-Dover-DelawareRip-off-213776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Park West At Sea