Complaint Review: Park West Gallery, Park West At Sea

• Submitted: Fri, March 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 16, 2007

• Reported By:Dorr Michigan
Park West Gallery, Park West At Sea
29469 Northwestern Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Park West Gallery, Park West At Sea Beware of purchasing Take Off Artwork. Southfield Michigan
Rip-off Report Investigation: Park West receives a POSITIVE RATING from Rip-off Report -commitment to providing excellent customer service, pledges its commitment to 100% customer satisfaction - over 1 million satisfied clients - feel confident & secure when doing business with Park West Gallery

I recently completed my 10 cruise. I have bought from Park West on 2 of my previous cruises and had no major problems.

This is the first time that I have purchased TO or Take Off artwork. I bought 2 pieces at the auctions. One had a frame and matting that were in really bad condition. I bid low on this piece knowing that I would have to have it reframed. The second was in great shape and was ready to hang on the wall. The 2 pictures were packaged together and delivered to my stateroom on the last day of the cruise as promised.

When I got home I opened them with great anticipation. They were extremely well packaged and were not damaged on the trip. When I got the package open I found that the pictures were taped together, face to face, to prevent damage.

The problem occurred as I was untaping them. The tape went over the face of the larger frame, which was the one that was in great condition. As I was removing it, it was removing the gold paint from the frame. Now I have 2 pieces of art that need to be reframed.

I called Park West and explained what had happened and their answer was that I bought them as is and it was my problem. I told the person from Park West that in my opinion that shouldn't have to pay from damage to the frame caused by their employee packaging the picture wrong after the purchase occurred. They refused to help saying that unless the artwork was actually damaged it was as is.

Chris
Dorr, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2007 04:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Park-West-Gallery-Park-West-At-Sea/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Park-West-Gallery-Park-West-At-Sea-Beware-of-purchasing-Take-Off-Artwork-Southfield-Mich-239196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Park West Gallery, Park West At Sea