• Report: #219061

• Submitted: Sat, November 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 04, 2006

• Reported By:Richmond Texas
Park West Gallery
29469 Northwestern Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Park West Gallery Complete and Utter Rip-off at Sea - DO NOT BE SUCKERED! Southfield Michigan
Rip-off Report Investigation: Park West receives a POSITIVE RATING from Rip-off Report -commitment to providing excellent customer service, pledges its commitment to 100% customer satisfaction - over 1 million satisfied clients - feel confident & secure when doing business with Park West Gallery

We attended an auction at sea on a Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise in June of this year. All the auctioneers were syrupy sweet and persistent in saying that the artwork would arrive at your door in six weeks or less. All that happened in six weeks was that my credit card was billed.

After disputing the charges with my credit card, I then had to make call after call to find out where the artwork was. Also, after finding out through research that the value of the art work was mis-represented, I wanted to cancel my order. Of course, the invoice tells you that you cannot cancel, and it also gives them 10 weeks to ship your order. I told them that since they were BEYOND the 10 weeks required to ship the order, I wanted to cancel.

Of course, they refused and argued that they were still within the deadline. When the artwork did finally arrive, the frame on the so-called Rembrandt was very shoddy--you could tell they slapped it together after I informed them I was going to the Texas State Attorney General's office with my complaint on their shady business practices.

Bottom line: I did pay for the art work, shoddy framework and all, because I didn't feel I had any other choice. I did, however, report them to the Texas State Attorney General's office, and they are now looking into the issue.

Please DO NOT BE SUCKERED IN on these auctions at sea. The auctioneers should be ashamed of themselves for working at such a fly-by-night company, and I am ashamed of myself for believing them. I intend to do everything I can to warn people away from this company.

K.
Richmond, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2006 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Park-West-Gallery/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Park-West-Gallery-Complete-and-Utter-Rip-off-at-Sea-DO-NOT-BE-SUCKERED-Southfield-Mich-219061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Park West Gallery