Complaint Review: Parking Company Of America

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2005

• Reported By:Galloway Ohio
Parking Company Of America
P.O. Box 1353 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Parking Company Of America ripoff, dishonest, untrue to their words Columbus Ohio

On 1/12/05, while searching for a parking space for an Arena Football Game, A lot attendant waved us away from his lot because it was full. He motioned for us to go across the street to a private lot which was not indicated as a pay to park area. There were no attendants and no deposit boxes.

After the Game, we returned to our vehicle to find one of those failure of payment envelopes with threats that if we did not pay $10.00 within 24 hours, my vehicle information would be turned over to a collection agency. There was no physical address or phone number available on this envelope.

I promptly wrote to the company asking for an explanation, a physical address and submitted my $10.00 check. I gave them 5 days to respond, otherwise I would contact the BBB & the Attorney General's office. On the 6th day, I submitted copies of the same letter to the aforementioned establishements.

I was finally contacted by Margaret Chavez (on 1/27/05, 14 days after the letter was mailed out)who stated that their attendants were not present, and that fraudulent individuals took it upon themselves to collect money & park patrons in this lot. Upon arrival of the real parking attendants, every individual received these failure to pay envelopes. Margaret appologized and stated that she will reimburse me $5.00 of the $10.00 fee, as the price to park was $5.00. It is now 4/14/05, and Margaret is avoiding my calls, and I have not seen one response from her or the company.

She did respond to the BBB & Attorney General's office by stating that they were victims of a crime (failure to schedule properly is the only crime I see)and that everyone that received these envelopes will not be turned in to a collection agency. What about the poor guys that did give up $5.00 to park to the impostors?? Then received these nasty failure to pay envelopes. I believe that every individual that parked in this lot on this date should not be held liable for any amounts of money, and all fees reimbursed to each individual that has been effected by this incident.

Galloway, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2005 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Company-Of-America/Columbus-Ohio-43216-1353/Parking-Company-Of-America-ripoff-dishonest-untrue-to-their-words-Columbus-Ohio-138774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Company Of America