Complaint Review: Parking Violation Bureau, City Of Los Angeles & The City

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2008

• Reported By:Beverly Hills California
Parking Violation Bureau, City Of Los Angeles & The City
200 North Spring St. Los Angeles, California 90012 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Parking Violation Bureau, City Of Los Angeles & The City Violation of Consitutional Rights to enforce OUTDATED codes NEEDS OVERHAUL Los Angeles California

Lost Mail? Mail delay? POSTMARK date should be used, however, DOT code uses received by date. It does not guarantee the same day services - as they do not have 24/7 or even 8hours 7 day services in processing checks.

Having to said that, City of Los Angeles as a whole is becoming a Dictatorial City. Innocent resident like myself paid parking violation ticket, YET receives additional fine due to our Federal Mail system. First class mail within the City takes over 5-infinite days, did you know? Yes, because, Bureau is not allowing me to appeal because they sent the mail on April 2 on their record that was NEVER received by me. Recently, I noticed my mail has been intercepted, lost credit card in lala land and someone end up using it. I am not allowed to know who this person is, but criminal knows who I am, where I work, my credit limit and so on...

Needless to say, Parking Violation Bureau has no mercy due to budget cut. It is their practice to torture innocent and honest residents. WE ARE VICTIMS. I have collected over 2-3 months of correspondent. Per code, RECEIVED by may prevail, but per practical issue in today's world - code should be updated with today's changing world to POSTMARK. If the Bureau did not receive any payment by reasonable time frame (say 7 days from the due date), then they should send another notice, but DO NOT PENALIZE consumer, honest and hard working who paid the citation and torture with additional penalty due something that he/she is not in control - FEDERAL services.

I have contacted City Mayor, State Governor, Federal USPS, our honorable Senators in California as well as in DC - all are just passing the papers to each other. The principal and not the amount - but for them, less work.

We need a citizen's league against City of Los Angeles Parking Violation Bureau from stop ripping people off. Go after those who are in real violation and not us - innocent, honest and hardworking consumer - PAID. Harassing by NOT ABLE TO RENEW REGISTRATION, THREAT TO DESTROY CREDIT STANDING - all are violation of individual's constitutional rights. We are not guilty until proven guilty, but proving innocent as guilty - we have a big SINK HOLE in our system.

Where is the good old City of Los Angeles and its services I knew in 1970's???

I requested Mayor's office for assistance, they only tell you - we will call you back and rarely... 1 out of 50 will call back. Parking Violation Bureau told Mayor's office - under investigation only to wait until the date of car registration renewal... and trap you to pay - otherwise...

I feel tortured...

Chris
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Violation-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles-The-City/Los-Angeles-California-90064/Parking-Violation-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles-The-City-Violation-of-Consitutional-Rights-357299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Violation Bureau, City Of Los Angeles & The City