Complaint Review: Parking Violation Bureau Of LA

• Submitted: Thu, September 02, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2004

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Parking Violation Bureau Of LA
215 W 6th St Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Parking Violation Bureau ripoff Of LA Parking Violation Bureau of LA rips off another innocent Visitor Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: QUESTIONS to Melissa

As others filed on this website, A very similar incident happened to my boyfriend and I on a recent trip to LA. He dropped me off and then went to Venice beach in my car. He fed the meter and went off to explore. When he came back there was still time on the meter, and someone was in the process of giving him (or me since it was my car) a ticket. The meter person's retort was that their scanners can tell if someone was been feeding the meter for more than the alloted 60 minutes. He said that my boyfriends money had been put in when there was time still on the meter. He was apparently very rude and told my boyfriend that he thought he should contest it.

Since we are from Arizona we just mailed in the fine. I later got a notice saying that I never paid and to remit the money or else send in proof of payment. That same day I mailed a copy of the cancelled check. I later received another letter stating that yes I had paid, however I had been late and so an additional amount was due. I had not been late but paid the difference because I know that having unpaid fines can cause problems down the road. I had not been aware at the time that this was some private company trying that is in the habit of screwing people, or I would have created more of a fuss.

Melissa
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2004 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Violation-Bureau-Of-LA/Los-Angeles-California-90014/Parking-Violation-Bureau-ripoff-Of-LA-Parking-Violation-Bureau-of-LA-rips-off-another-inno-106785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Violation Bureau Of LA

QUESTIONS to Melissa

AUTHOR: Marilynnw - (U.S.A.)

From what Melissa related, she and her boyfriend were bamboozled not once, but THREE times, by the wiles and guiles of City of Los Angeles parking enforcement which we have come to know so well.

The Los Angeles PVB (Affiliated Computer Services) MAY not have been in compliance with California law in Melissa's case, but more information is needed. Melissa, could you reply to the following questions? (How strange that we live in the same city.)

(1) What was the date of the ticket (the day your boyfriend went to Venice Beach and was falsely accused of "feeding the meter" beyond 60 minutes)?

(2) What is the date of the FIRST check that you mailed to the City of Los Angeles?

(3) Do you still have BOTH the first and the second cancelled checks you sent to Los Angeles?

(4) Do you still have the FIRST notice you received from the City of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau? If so, what does it say is/was owed for the ticket?

Disregarding the wrongfully issued uncontested ticket (so what else is new in Los Angeles?), there's a possibility Melissa MAY be due a refund or partial refund from the City of Los Angeles.
It wouldn't be much, but when one considers all of the Melissas out there who have been ripped-off by the City of Los Angeles, the amount of dollars going into both the coffers of the City of Los Angeles and its percentage-driven privately contracted company is substantial.