• Report: #322063

• Submitted: Fri, March 28, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 28, 2008

• Reported By:Rancho Cucamonga California
Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles
P.O. Box 30420 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-561-9742
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles Ignored Submittals of Proof of non-ownership of Vehicle Cided for Parking Violation in City of Los Angeles California

This is my last resort. The city of Los Angeles has a serious problem, they neither read documents sent to them rebutting parking violations or acknowledge they were received.

I have been trying to get the City of Los Angeles to acknowledge that parking tickets issued to a vehicle I once owned didn't belong to me at the time of issue of the citations. I even sent them the form of release twice for both citations and even have evidence, that the city received the documentation. I have the return receipts with the parking bureau's stamp on them to prove this claim.

The dealership that I bought my new vehicle also submitted paperwork to the city with no obvious response. I now have in my possession two notices from the city stating that they never received a response to their intiial requests on these two citations, therfore they are not cancelling the citations and now in order for me to request a hearing on these citations, I must first pay the fines.

These gestopo tactics have been used on others. I have the proof I sent the appropriate paperwork, but in order to rebut their incompentance, I have to pay them first.

I also know for a fact, and have the proof that the registration of the said vehicle was changed and accepted by the DMV in December of 07. The first ticket was issued on 1/18/08.

I understand from the dealership that this is a common practice for a city to go after whoever used to own the vehicle in order to collect fines. They don't care who pays they just want the fines.

I will not rollover and submit to this kind of harassament. I would expect that the city hires compenent individuals, but at this point, I'm guessing they are so overloaded that they are just throwing stuff in the trash and letting their computer system spit their stupid threatening form letters to get people to submit payment for illegal fines.

I find this aborrant and not paricularly pleasant. I don't know who else to go, since the city chooses to only have a recording that only lets you pay their fines and not try to reason with an intelligent person.

Law abiding citizen
Rancho Cucamonga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2008 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles/Los-Angeles-California-90030/Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles-Ignored-Submittals-of-Proof-of-non-ownershi-322063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles