Complaint Review: Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles

• Submitted: Wed, August 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 05, 2009

• Reported By:Tarzana California
Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles
P.O. Box 30420 And 30247 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles They Never Let Up: Denied fair hearing to report escalating charges on Citation I paid that they credited against ticket that was not mine. Los Angeles California

In early May, I received a No Park/Sreet Clean parking violation for $58 which I promptly paid. In mid June, I received a Notice of Delinquent Parking Violation citing another ticket for $78 issued 26 minutes later for parking in a Red Zone across the street from where I was actually parked noting my lic. number.

I personally requested a hearing and a copy of the "mystery" violation and was told to fill out a form to request a hearing. They would not review any of my material nor did I receive a copy of the actual violation. Instead of receiving a Hearing notice, I received 2 letters in early July stating that my case was reveiwed, I was wrong, they were right and if I disagreed, I could request a Hearing...

I submitted another request. In end July, I received 2 more letters indicating that my requests missed the deadline and I therefore forfeited my right to a hearing. One indicated that I now owed $98 for the infraction I did not commit to which they had erroneously applied my $58 payment for the only ticket I received leaving a balance of $20 due on the bogus citation. This left an "Unpaid" balance of $58 on the ticket I had already paid.

Under protest, I sent them another check for $78 (not $98 as requested) for the ticket I did not deserve just to end it....Now, I've paid the City $136, $78 of that for a ticket I never received. Are you confused? I sure am?

The second letter stated that I now owed $116 for the $58 Citation I had paid in June (check cleared bank, receipts retained). I am sending a new letter out today with attachments with no hope of resolution at this point. I have copied the Mayor and my Councilman and I would like to send it to the LA Times with a note: OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK AGAINST US.//

Tarzana, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles/Los-Angeles-California-90030/Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-Of-Los-Angeles-They-Never-Let-Up-Denied-fair-hearing-to-r-476727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Violations Bureau, City Of Los Angeles