Complaint Review: Parking Violations City Of Los Angeles, DMV

• Submitted: Sat, March 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 07, 2009

• Reported By:newport Beach California
Parking Violations City Of Los Angeles, DMV
312 W 2nd St Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Parking Violations, DMV, Police Dept City Of Los Angeles Need to be sued Los Angeles California

My daughter received tickets on a car she did not have in her possession. Two tickets continually were billed and collection notices were sent. All of a sudden a ticket from Jan 2008 was billed. The other two tickets were from 8 months ago June 2008. The collection of billed tickets never showed the Jan 2008.

I have tried to bring this to the attention of the clerks and supervisors to get nothing about it being a mistake on City of Parking only the ticket is real and owed. These clerks are rude. DMV actually started all of this by allowing a strange person to walk into LA dmv and register the car in 2007 under my daughters name. I asked DMV reps how this happened and they said we will take payment from anyone.

So, DMV gives tags without proper identification as to the owner of the car. My daughter doesn't live in LA. The person to register the car had no permission to go in and register under my daughters name. We had the car up for repo (with evidence of such). We deliberately in 2008 did not register the car and had it up for repo. We were trying to find the car and couldn't.

The car is finally in repo and auctioned, but my daughter is responsible for the tickets. The police would not take it as a stolen car report though we continually asked for the car to be returned. The laws need to be changed. This was a leased car not an owned car. I tried continually to ask the man who had the car to return it. We went through relatives, friends and work connections.

He would not return the car. We did everything to get him to pay for the car, insure it if he wanted the car, but he would not be responsible. He just wanted a free ride I guess. He should be made to pay these tickets and or DMV. The ticket from 2008 is a definate mistake. What can she do? Can she bill DMV?

Lovetoyou
newport Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2009 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parking-Violations-City-Of-Los-Angeles-DMV/Los-Angeles-California-90012/Parking-Violations-DMV-Police-Dept-City-Of-Los-Angeles-Need-to-be-sued-Los-Angeles-Calif-431799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parking Violations City Of Los Angeles, DMV