Complaint Review: Parts Geek

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:Elizabethtown Pennsylvania
Parts Geek
3203 Atlantic Ave, Allenwood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Parts Geek Sent me an open box shortened wrong lenth timing chain for a saab 9-3 caused engine damage and lied twice Allenwood New Jersey

I ordered a brand new timing chain for a 1999 saab 9-3. It was opened and i thought nothing of it. I tryed installing it and it was the wrong length. Somebody had to have cut it. I could not find the end of the chain after looping it through the engine. I then had to remove it and somehow damaged the engine. I put the stock one back in.

I then drove the car around the block and the piston in #1 cylinder exploded into pieces. I took the head off after finding no compression and the valves were damaged and piston was gone in the oil pan. I had trouble taking the chain back out after finding out it was the wrong length and must have damaged the valves and piston. I then contacted them they said ups would pick up the old one and i told them to send me a new one and they would give me free shipping. they then charged me for the shipping and ups never showed up for the return box.

I lost around 56 dollars for each of the 2 chains and around 20 for shipping the second which was suppose to be free. I called them numerous times no response on hold forever listening to their stupid tune. no response. I finally got a rma number to retun the first one but it was open box and if i do send it back i doubt i will get a refund since i got the box dirty.

Jim
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parts-Geek/Allenwood-New-Jersey-08720/Parts-Geek-Sent-me-an-open-box-shortened-wrong-lenth-timing-chain-for-a-saab-9-3-caused-en-464603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parts Geek