Complaint Review: Partstore.com

• Updated: Wed, August 26, 2009

• Reported By: POed Consumer — Miramar Florida USA
Partstore.com
www.partstore.com Internet United States of America

Partstore.com Horrible communication with customer, lack of communication within own company Miramar, Florida

Cliff Notes version:

Ordered part on a Saturday night and paid extra to have it second day so I could get it quicker.  This was a part for an oven.  Called Tuesday morning and was told that the part did not ship and that it was on backorder and would not be available for 7-10 days.

I could not wait that long, cancelled the order, went to Appliance store, bought a new Oven and installed it that same day.

Sit down to computer to 3 emails from Partstore.com, with the final email telling me that they could not cancel the order because the part shipped the day before.  So now I have just spent $400 on a new oven when I was going to repair my old one for $35.  I was told in the email that I could return the art for credit.

I get the part the next day, call to have it returned, and I was told that I had to pay for the shipping.  They would not issue a pick tag to ship the part.  So now, I would be out of the shipping charges to me, the shipping charges from me and time wasted to ship the part back.  In the end I would have ended up with an estimated $5 back in my pocket.  Not worth the hassle, so the part is going to stay with me.

I order parts weekly from several different vendors and have never seen such disorganization, lack of communication, and lack of disrespect for a consumer ever.  Partstore.com will not get any future business from me or referrels from me for anyone that may need similiar services in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2009 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Partstorecom/internet/Partstorecom-Horrible-communication-with-customer-lack-of-communication-within-own-comp-485704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Partstore.com