Complaint Review: Partypools.com, Hydro Spa

• Submitted: Sat, August 07, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By:St.Vougay Other
Partypools.com, Hydro Spa
Partypools.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Partypools.com ripoff, Paid in full for my hot tub and never recieved it!!! Atlanta Georgia

*General Comment: New Web Owner & Sales Rep

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This sounded fishy to me

After contacting Hydro Spa directly to locate a new dealer of theres (the first charged several thousand dollars to my credit card and denied having any thing to do with it.) they put me in contact with an internet dealer of theres, Partypools.com.

Initially, as is usual, everything with partypools was great! Fast curtious service, great prices and free steps and chemicals!! The problem begins with this, I am located over seas, I had made all the arrangements for an international freight forwarder to take my new spa from a port in NJ and bring it to Europe. Partypools claims to deliver anywhere in the U.S. at no additional charge. What they dont tell you is that $400 is already built into the price for domestic shipping. So as far as I was concerned, bring my tub to NJ and i would handle it from there. Thats what they did.

Prior to this, my freight company requested the dimensions of the crate that the spa was required to be in and the exact weight. Partypools provided me with some figures. When the crate arrived in NJ I was informed that it was nowhere near the dimensions I gave them and the weight was twice what I quoted them. When I called partypools to ask questions I was told that this was my problem becaue I did not use there freight company ( of course they would have made more money on this as well)
4 months later after hydro spa admitted packing the spa wrong and picking it up to re-pack, I still dont have a spa, and the cant tell me when it will be available.

Raymond
St.Vougay
France

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2004 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Partypoolscom-Hydro-Spa/Atlanta-Georgia/Partypoolscom-ripoff-Paid-in-full-for-my-hot-tub-and-never-recieved-it-Atlanta-Georgi-102585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Partypools.com, Hydro Spa

#1 General Comment

New Web Owner & Sales Rep

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

For all new customers for PartyPools.com, I am a new Sales Rep beginning October 1, 2012 and not sure about the past owner or their practice dealing with customer and customer service.  I understand that no one has been using this site for any type of business for at least a year or more.  Please give  me a chance to prove my business practices and I am very honest and will do what it takes to achieve a better report than in the past.

John

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This sounded fishy to me

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Raymond (who is a dealer and not a retail customer) decided to purchase a hot tub and arrainge his own shipping because he could save a few hunndred dollars. Under his plan the tub would go up to New Jersey and be shipped from there to France. This sounded fishy to me because we could have put it on a ship in Miami and have it to him in 11 days for about $900. How could he get it all the way to New Jersey and still save money? We ship over a hundred tubs a week and he was quoted a better rate on a "one-off" basis. As it turned out he misquoted the qube sixe and the shipping was much more. He then wanted us to ship it back to Miami (for free) and give him his old deal. Instead, we took the hot tub back to the factory and refunded him his full purchase. We lost $800 on the freight from New Jersey and back. I don't get it. How am I a rip off because I choose not to do business with this man? I gave him back his money and ate all the costs. What more can I do?

Owner (President)