Complaint Review: Passaic County Transmission & Auto Repair

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: RIPOFF — Nyack New York United States of America
Passaic County Transmission & Auto Repair
1105 Route 23 South Wayne, New Jersey United States of America

RIPOFFPassaic County Transmission & Auto Repair, Wayne, NJ RIPOFFPassaic County Transmission & Auto Repair, Wayne, NJ Wayne, New Jersey

*Author of original report: I rescind my complaint

RIPOFFPassaic County Transmission & Auto Repair, Wayne, NJ

Transmission repair price soars 26%  - $ 700.00 plus other work!

I contracted with Passaic County Transmission (dba. PCT Transmission & Auto Repair) to replace my malfunctioning transmission with a remanufactured transmission which included shop parts $ 9.95 and complete removal/install and ATF for $ 2,725.00.  A printed estimate with these specifics was provided.

On Thursday 01/10/13 I received a call from Michael Mike Criscuoli, owner stating that I also needed to replace the radiator, wheel bearings, rear main motor seal, and many other parts.  I clamed him down and we discussed the additional work and reduced it to radiator, wheel bearings and motor seal at a not to exceed $650.00.  Two days later, Saturday I left a voice-mail requesting to see the damaged/replaced parts.

After having the car for 6 days, on Monday 01/14/13 I received another call from Mike stating that a remanufactured transmission would now cost $ 700 more because my transmission could not be rebuilt.  I questioned what my transmission had to do with anything?  I contracted for a remanufactured transmission not to have my transmission rebuilt.

Mike then stated that if I would not accept this increase, I could pay him $800 plus for transmission labor plus the extra repairs and tow my car out of his shop, that day.  I told him that I did not contract with him to rebuild my transmission but for a remanufactured transmission, how and from where it was sourced was his business and contractual obligation.   His reply was that I should know how his industry works.  I replied that I didnt know how his industry worked but he did have me by the jewels and I have no alternative but to proceed.

When I arrived to pick up my car Wednesday 01/16/13 Mike was unable to show me the damaged interior of my transmission, to point out why it could not be rebuilt, it was already reassembled on the bench.   The front wheel bearings that were replacedwere also unavailable to be viewed, they had to be returned to the auto parts supplier.  What customer knows if their transmission can be rebuilt or not when they put it into a Transmission Shop?  Thats why I contracted for a remanufactured transmission not a rebuild of my own trans?

I had to pay to get my car out.  I was Ripped Off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Passaic-County-Transmission-Auto-Repair/Wayne-New-Jersey-07470/RIPOFFPassaic-County-Transmission-Auto-Repair-Wayne-NJ-RIPOFFPassaic-County-Transmis-1008954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Passaic County Transmission & Auto Repair

I rescind my complaint