Complaint Review: Passport To Fun

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
Passport To Fun
membersavings@a.passportoffunpluss.com Internet U.S.A.

Passport To Fun Charged for Unrequested Membership Internet

It looks like Passport to Fun is still up to their shenanigans. I was charged $19.95 for membership in their club that I did not request and had not voluntarily enrolled in.

My bank advised that, since the charge was still pending on my account, I had to call the company directly. The Passport to Fun representative I spoke with cancelled my account immediately after I described the situation and requested cancellation. She said that the "dues" would be credited to my account within two business days. Confirmation of the cancellation arrived in my email account within minutes but it did not confirm the refund.

I suspect Passport to Fun latched onto my credit card information via Expedia when I booked travel arrangements in late December 09 and wasted no time at all "enrolling" me in their program.

I might be one of the lucky ones who escaped with minimal damage and heartache, but the idea that this happened at all is very scary to this IT security and controls expert.

Bjm
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Passport-To-Fun/internet/Passport-To-Fun-Charged-for-Unrequested-Membership-Internet-409742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Passport To Fun