Complaint Review: Passport to Travel

• Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Cate — Des Moines Iowa United States of America
Passport to Travel
4802 Gunn Hwy Tampa, Florida United States of America

Passport to Travel Vacation Smart International Ripoff Misleading Fraudulent Tampa, Florida

After attending a "Travel Club" presentation last September, we were given a certificate to send in to obtain our "complimentary" cruise package.  Despite all my findings from internet research we decided to send the $4.95 and get the Activation Package.  This was in early October and we thought that we would be able to use the package in conjunction with a trip to Florida in March.

Well, here we are at the end of November and after two phone calls today, (two months later) it is clear that we will not be able to use the discount package.  Our $4.95 check was not processed until more than a month after sending it.   We then received an email asking if they had the correct email address.  Two weeks later we received an email telling us that they would be mailing the envelope.  So less than two weeks after receiving the actual package, I tried to make reservations.  I needed to end the first phone call so that I could count the days between now and the sailing date of March 11 since the customer service representative told me she was unable to do so - it is 106.  During my second phone call, I was told that the date did not allow sufficient time because they need 3 weeks to process my activiation before the 90 day advance would kick in.  So there went the hopes of utilizing the cruise when it was convenient.

In addition, I was told that our "complimentary" cruise would cost between $200 - $900 per person.  When I pointed out that the literature said $39 - $129 per person, I was (believe it or not) told to read the fine print.  I did and so here is my response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Passport-to-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33624/Passport-to-Travel-Vacation-Smart-International-Ripoff-Misleading-Fraudulent-Tampa-Florid-972891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Passport to Travel