Complaint Review: Pastor Cynthia Brown(Money Express)

• Submitted: Wed, August 22, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: canela38 — dallas Texas United States of America
Pastor Cynthia Brown(Money Express)

Pastor Cynthia Brown(Money Express) Utha rip off,samsung galaxy s2, Internet

Hello everyone i did to fell for the money express scam...i put an item on craigslist and soon this perosn under the name of cynthia brown contacted me to my email. She asked for the firm price on my item, i replied back without suspecting a thing. I told her how i was selling my item for a real low price because i need school books money. She then again replied on how happy she was that i had contacted her and that she was a pastor and said she wanted the item for a friends daughter that she meet in africa. My first thought was " ahh that is so sweet" and i honestly was going to guve her extra items for the girl. Then she said that she was in uyha and she wanted to pay me thru paypal or money order.

I told her i didnt have a paypal account and agreed for the item payment to be thru money order.i sent my address and phone number(a silly mistake) she said she would give me 100 dollars extra for shipping and veing a college student i was excited to have a little extra in my pocket so i thank her several times. Then next day i received an email from Merchant express and it said it was some type of money order thru " usps " it seemed kind of fishy there i looked at my email ands aw the sent box and checked her email address she was emailing me from different email so then i researched the merchant express and found this website and read similar stories like mine.

And just my luck "pastor cyntia brown" texted me and asked to send the item as soon as i received the confirmation email from merchant express where she sent the money. I respectfuly told her that i didnt have money to send the item and that she neede to wait until i received her money to send the item. She then replied saying it would only cost 50 dollars to ship the item. I said that i had no money, because i just had paid for law school tuition and if she wanted she could cancel the transaction. All she texted back was "alright" which made it all clear why would a pastor txt alright. Im guesding she would of said something more proffessional or maybe its just me. I write to you this story so you wont go thru it too be careful when dealing with craigslist. I dont understand why i didnt see it sooner since craigslist warns you about this tyoes of scam.luckly i didnt send my item and gound out on time. I hope you learn from my experience. God Bless

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pastor-Cynthia-BrownMoney-Express/internet/Pastor-Cynthia-BrownMoney-Express-Utha-rip-offsamsung-galaxy-s2-Internet-930877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pastor Cynthia Brown(Money Express)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC