occupied

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Spartanburg South Carolina United States of America
Pat Gwinn at the Beach
392 Bellgrove Dr Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

Pat Gwinn at the Beach Pat Gwinn conned me out of money with a false hard luck story. Myrtle Beach , South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: A few points.

After having read other rip off reports against Pat Gwinn and realizing I was scammed and conned in the same manner as other victims I decided to file my own report to alert any other potential victims from falling prey to this con man.

Like the previous victims, I was given a hard luck story by Pat stating he was broke and asked to borrow 200 dollars to pay his rent and would re-pay me the next month.

I never heard back from him after wiring him the 200.00 through western union so I contacted him several times requesting he re-pay the money he borrowed. Several times he gave me excuses why he couldn't repay the loan and now I realize he never intended to re-pay it and that I was conned trying to help out a friend.

I am considering taking this matter to small claims court with proof of my loan through western union with possible criminal charges being filled for wire fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 04:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pat-Gwinn-at-the-Beach/-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-29579/Pat-Gwinn-at-the-Beach-Pat-Gwinn-conned-me-out-of-money-with-a-false-hard-luck-story-Myr-977691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pat Gwinn at the Beach

A few points.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  I am considering taking this matter to small claims court with proof of my loan through western union "

That's pretty much your only option, although if he really is dead broke, it may be a waste of time and filing fees.

" with possible criminal charges being filled for wire fraud. "

That's quite a stretch.   If non-payment of a loan were a crime, 1/2 of this country would be in jail.   Being a deadbeat friend is still a civil matter.