Complaint Review: PatRicks Auto and Truck Repair Ocala

• Submitted: Sat, December 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Scam Alert Ocala — Ocala Florida United States of America
PatRicks Auto and Truck Repair Ocala
119 Northwest 68th Avenue, Ocala, FL 34482 Ocala, Florida United States of America

PatRicks Auto and Truck Repair Ocala The price to not fix the A/C was $111.37 in parts and $418.36 for the labor Ocala, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A little more to the story

Stay away from this place!!! On December 11th 2012 I took both of my vehicles to PatRicks Auto and Truck Repair in Ocala, Florida. The one vehicle is a 1998 Toyota T-100 truck that  needed to get the oil and t filter change. The total charge for that was $50.51 The other vehicle is a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero that the A/C was not blowing cold. I have purchased the freon bottle at the local Auto Parts  and it only worked for a few days since it was leaking from a unknown place. I received a call from the service writer at PatRicks in Ocala,Fl telling me that the repair amount was going to be $600. Since the service writer at the place is someone that I know and trust I told him to  go ahead and get the A/C repair. Today the same service writer at PatRicks in Ocala, Florida call me back to tell me that it was going to cost me $300 more to fix the A/C.I told him that I could not spend more money on the vehicle since it was a used car that I have purchased for $1000 to export to another Country. I pick up both vehicles and paid for the work that it was done . The Mitsubishi still not blowing cold air. The total amount for both vehicles was $45.15 in parts for the oil change and $2.50 for labor. Here is where it gets good. The price to not fix the A/C was $111.37 in parts and $418.36 for the labor. Here is where it gets even better!! I took the Mitsubishi to another repair place down the road and I was told that all the vehicle needed was the rubber seals on the A/C unit for a total of $37.58 I hope that PatRicks is proud of the way they treat their customers. I am going to make sure that I Blog, SEO and Social Media to everyone in Marion County, FL and the entire State of Florida. The next thing I will do is to file a complaint with the Marion County BBB.  My advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE or get a second opinion before taking your vehicle to PatRicks. Please make sure to copy and paste this review and forward to everyone you know in Ocala,Marion Countyand the State of Florida.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PatRicks-Auto-and-Truck-Repair-Ocala/Ocala-Florida-34482/PatRicks-Auto-and-Truck-Repair-Ocala-The-price-to-not-fix-the-AC-was-11137-in-parts-an-982535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PatRicks Auto and Truck Repair Ocala

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A little more to the story

AUTHOR: Patrick's - ()

We are disappointed to hear you did not have a good experience at Patrick’s. The service on your Toyota went very smoothly, and when we found the air filter dirty during our inspection, we contacted you for permission to install a new one. The total for your service, which was $35.99 including tax for 5.5 quarts of 5w30 synthetic blend oil, a new oil filter, and a thorough vehicle inspection, came to $50.51 with the air filter.

Unfortunately, we sometimes run into unforeseeable problems when performing repairs on older vehicles with unknown histories. This happened when we worked on the A/C system on your 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. We diagnosed the leak in the system as a bad hose at the compressor, and you trusted the service advisor’s report on the A/C and approved the estimate to rebuild the leaking hose, replace the system’s accumulator (which absorbs moisture in the system and filters the refrigerant), and charge the system up with Freon.

At some point during this repair, the expansion valve in the dash stopped working and would not let the Freon flow through the system. We have no control over when and what parts will stop working on an original A/C system in a 12 year old car with over 180,000 miles on it, and had the misfortune of having the vehicle in our shop when that expansion valve stopped working. The technician found this restriction in the system, and your trusted service advisor called you again with the updated estimate to fix the problem properly. At this point, you declined any additional repairs. Since the A/C was not working right, we pulled the Freon back out so you would not have to pay for it.

When the owner discovered you had a problem with the repair, he called you on Dec. 14th and tried to find out how we could resolve this to your satisfaction; you completely refused to speak to him about the problem, even when he tried repeatedly to find out what we could do for you.  We would certainly like to find a way to make this right.  If you did have the A/C repaired at the other shop you mentioned, we would be more than willing to reimburse you for the $37.58 they quoted you if you will get us a copy of the bill.  To further discuss this, please call us at your convenience at (352) 237-8624 or e-mail us through the link at www.patricksauto.com.