Complaint Review: Patient Care Transport

• Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: Capt. Jim — San Diego County California
Patient Care Transport
22674 Ventura Blve, #436 Woodland Hills, California United States of America

Patient Care Transport Ross Barr, Raz Barr, Lio, Leo Rebuttal To Patient Care Transport's Rebuttal To The First Complaint Posted Here Woodland Hills, California

When I was first offered a driver's position, I read the Rip Off Report and only found one complaint with a rebuttal by Accounting, Patient Care Transport. I figured that maybe it was true! Another competitor "bad mouthing" Patient Care Transport.

So I went ahead and took the position as one of their drivers.

Since I took the position, I too was taken advantage of and, since then, have seen 14 more complaints filed about this company and it's owner(s).

I have found that the rebuttal of Patient Care Transport is completely false and all the complaints filed are probably true as the same thing happened to me. I paid $375 for the "privilege" of transporting patients for them.

I never received the signed contract, nor a copy of the billing for the one transport I made for them as promised. I kept calling and calling for more work and for a copy of the one transport I made for them to no avail. They kept promising more work, but it never came.

Then, I drove all the way down to Los Angeles to confront them in their offices in Woodland Hills and Glendale. I found that their "Office" on Ventura Blvd. was a mail box service. So I went to the Glendale office to find that the address contained 2 empty executive suites. One of the suites had an Asian woman answering phones. She wouldn't even answer the door when I knocked. So I was very suspicious. So,  after many months and a lot of phone calls, I finally threatened legal action and did get my $375 returned, but probably will never see the promised payment for the transport I made which was a significant amount of money and a lot of expense on my part.

It seems that Raz (Ross) Barr and his sidekick, Lio go from state to state signing up drivers and keeping the money. I was not background checked, no DMV H6 was procured by them, so I'm assuming they just keep the money.

I was just contacted by a group of drivers in my area to whom the same thing happened and they are getting together a class action suit as well as reports to the Secretary of State and Department of Justice.
These people have to be stopped as they are preying on the desperate, unemployed population who are eager and anxious to work and really can't afford to lose all this money.

So if you see a Craigslist or other ad looking for Drivers (Medical Transport) $20K or $24K, avoid it like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patient-Care-Transport/Woodland-Hills-California-91364/Patient-Care-Transport-Ross-Barr-Raz-Barr-Lio-Leo-Rebuttal-To-Patient-Care-Transports-1038808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patient Care Transport