uniform

• Reported By: MadChris — Norther VA Virginia United States of America
Patient First
Liberia Ave Manassas, Virginia United States of America

Patient First Deceptive practice/Gouging on medical coding Manassas, Virginia

I have been fighting this for a while and getting nowhere.  I took my daughter to the doctor to get antibiotics for an infection know as Paronychia.  This is an infection near the nail bed of a finger, often from thumb sicking or nail biting.  It results in a sore red spot and a pus formation like a blister.  My daughter had the pus squeezed out (yes nasty, sorry) much like a pimple.  No scalpel or stitches or even painkiller or anything like that. It was cleaned and they put a little bandaid on it.  No big deal.

Then I got the bill.  The bill said she had surgery and I owed a bunch of money.  I called Patient First and they said there may have been a mistake in medical coding since it wasnt a surgery and they will research it.  I then got rebilled for even more money.  Upon calling Patient First to try and resolve this issue, they are now saying my daughter had surgery, which is very frustrating, because she didn't.

I think I will now start contacting officials and start filing reports which I hate having to do.  In my honest opinion I think this is really a scam and legally questionable.  Which I am about to find out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patient-First/Manassas-Virginia-20110/Patient-First-Deceptive-practiceGouging-on-medical-coding-Manassas-Virginia-880873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patient First