characterized

Complaint Review: Patient First

• Submitted: Mon, May 16, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By: Ron — Richmond Virginia U.S.A.
Patient First
12 N. Thompson Street Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Patient First Rip off....they bill you once your insurance has paid Richmond, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Interested in Helping

Patient First has a great doctor, I enjoy seeing when sick. However, they're the worst for billing... You'll go in and give them your insurance card, and pay your co-pay assuming everything is covered.

Although, you've paid your co-pay, and everything the doctor has done is covered by your insurance. First they'll fill out the claim form incorrectly, and then you'll get a bill from patient first telling you what you owe.

I being a person who's self-employed, I get to see more of how my insurance company deals with claims better than being part of a huge group. I call patient first, and they'll tell me they filled out the claim forms correctly...it's my insurance company.

Therefore, I call the insurance company and explain the procedure for a certain date, and find out it's fully covered. However, Patient first didn't put this on my claim form. They had put another procedure, I needed approval to do if not an emergency. The insurance co. has even faxed me copies of claim forms, and I've seen them filled out incorrectly. I call patient first and offer to fax a copy of the claim form for a particular date, and they say " we take your word for it, and we'll fill out the claim correctly this time. In the meantime I continue receiving bills from Patient First's billing dept. This goes back and forth several times, until the business office threatens to turn me over to a collection agency. Although, I know it's their fault...I go ahead and pay to avoid the collection agency being reported to my credit. A couple months later, I'll receive a copy of treatments from my insurance co. and it's been filled out correctly. Therefore, the insurance co. pays a bill I've already paid. I'm certain there are people here who've had great experiences with Patient First, but the doctor I see is the only positive experience I ever have. Personally, I think it's because I'm self-insured, and have to do so much more leg work than someone who's on a group plan from a large corp. This same thing has happened with me several times, and now I just ask the doctor what my fees will be with the insurance discount. He'll adjust my paperwork so I can pay on the spot!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2011 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patient-First/Richmond-Virginia-23221/Patient-First-Rip-offthey-bill-you-once-your-insurance-has-paid-Richmond-Virginia-730041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patient First

Interested in Helping

AUTHOR: Patient First - (United States of America)

My name is Teresa and I represent Patient First.  I have read this post with great interest and would like to discuss it with you further.  Please call me directly at 1-800-447-8588, ext. 4348.