Complaint Review: Patient First

• Submitted: Thu, March 24, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: Bilked1 — Richmond Virginia United States of America
Patient First
7206 HULL STREET RD STE 211 (billing) Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Patient First Double billing items covered by insurance reporting to credit history. Richmond, Virginia

*Author of original report: Patient First has been contacted in the past

*Author of original report: Patient First has been contacted in the past

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Patient First

I went to Patient First my "primary care provider" to get a referral as required by myinsurance provider.  I paid the copay amount upfront.

Months later Patient First began billing me additional money.  I contacted my insurance provider MDIPA who said that everything was taken care of.  Later Patient First sent me a new bill for the same service.  I repeated the first steps and was told patient first had a 'wholesale deal' deal with my insurance provider that they had spoken on the phone and everything was taken care of and that I did not need to take any further action.  They did it 3 or 4 times.  Later I moved thinking this was resolved as it was a covered service and my insurance provider and Patient First had figured it all on a conference call.  Years later I see Patient First has reported my to the credit bureaus for non-payment of my covered service plus additional monies.

Do not go to patient first, they charge your insurance and then illegally bill you for services already paid for, and use credit reporting as a form of extortion.  The office itself was not very professional as I heard other people discussing their health care problems with doctors, which I believe is also a HIPA violation as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2011 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patient-First/Richmond-Virginia-23235/Patient-First-Double-billing-items-covered-by-insurance-reporting-to-credit-history-Rich-709734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patient First

Patient First has been contacted in the past

AUTHOR: Bilked1 - (United States of America)

Hours of phone time has been already been used trying to resolve this without any progress.   This Abusive use of the credit reporting system to extort patients is unacceptable.   Especially considering I paid to find out what I already knew that I would have to go to a specilist.

Patient First has been contacted in the past

AUTHOR: Bilked1 - (United States of America)

Please Contact Patient First

AUTHOR: Patient First - (United States of America)

My name is Teresa and I represent Patient First.  I have read this post with great interest and would like to discuss it with you further.  Please call me directly at 1-800-447-8588, ext. 4348.