Complaint Review: Patio Buffet

• Updated: Thu, February 17, 2011

• Reported By: The C/A — Kelowna British Columbia Canada
Patio Buffet
1655 Westgate Drive West Kelowna, British Columbia United States of America

Patio Buffet Comfort Inn's Patio Buffet Beware of Food: leads to indigestion and food poisoning, service terrible West Kelowna, British Columbia

*General Comment: Ummm...

Members of my family and I ate at this new buffet during the first week of February.  The manager had indicated through advertising in the local edition of the Kelowna Capital News that the food was remarkable, diverse, unique, fresh and a real pleasure.  The dining experience was terrible.

The food is left on the buffet without heat lamps or cover for hours.  The flavorless mess of dried meatloaf, lumpy potatoes, greasy and limp cabbage rolls leaves something to be desired.  The food lacks flavor and variety.  I am a terrible cook and my food is better than this.  I found the salads limp and the combination strange.  For example, there is a salad with grapes, nuts, raisins and broccoli.  The dressings offered are raspberry vinaigrette, French and Thousand Island, beside fruit, yogurt and bean salad.

The macaroni and cheese was worse than the dollar store no-name brand.  The food left me feeling sick and I had to stay in the bathroom with indigestion, a desire to vomit and inflamed bowels.  I noticed that the kitchen crew doesn't wear gloves or uniformly wear hairnets.   There was also a bossy blonde by the buffet, the single line out there, who dished out meat servings.  There was supposed to be an omelet bar and a seafood bar as well as a dessert and candy bar and ice cream machine.  Dessert consisted of cheap convenience store sweets, old bananas and some lousy spice carrot with thick, dry icing.  I was thoroughly disappointed.

I feel customers deserve better variety.  I do not appreciate the dirty utensils, cracked plates, and constant intrusion of staff.  Five different people came to our table in fifteen minutes.  We had one server and never saw her after two rounds.  Nobody brought the bill to the table.  They left buns that were not asked for and demanded our plates and our feelings on the food constantly.  I felt pecked at.  The owner should close this dump.  Trucker outlets, McDonald's and diners are better than this garbage heap of food that passes for a buffet.

Also, the breakfast on another day was a mass of eggs mixed with sausages and old hash browns.  There was a strange sight of oatmeal along with bad pancakes and terrible French toast that I would feel to my dog as scraps, if he could stand the stuff.  Same effect again.  Salty taste, left feeling empty and disgusted, sick bathroom routine.  I feel people should be re-compensated for this terrible food.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2011 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patio-Buffet/West-Kelowna-British-Columbia-V1Z3P1/Patio-Buffet-Comfort-Inns-Patio-Buffet-Beware-of-Food-leads-to-indigestion-and-food-pois-696629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patio Buffet

#1 General Comment

Ummm...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

If it was as bad as you say why did you eat there instead of leaving and why would you go back for breakfast on another day??? You're probably an employee that was fired trying to get back at the business.