Complaint Review: Patricia L. Brown Attorney At Law

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By:Taylor Texas
Patricia L. Brown Attorney At Law
595 Round Rock West Suite 201 Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Patricia L. Brown Attorney At Law spent approx. 2K as retainer, very little done, Ripoff Round Rock Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I don't handle injury cases.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Patricia Brown is a rip-off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Itemized billing statements provided monthly

*Consumer Comment: simple solution...

Patricia L. Brown attorney at law, ask for $2500.00 as a retainer, I paid installments of $600.00 and $500.00 a month to reach approx. $2100.00. Papers were sent to X-wife asking for changes to be made to the child support and custody. This is the only thing done I have record of. The other part of the retainer has been deleted for phone called I did not ever make to Patricia at $62.50 per 15 min. I knew the cost so that's why I know I did not talke to her but once after the initial conference ($250.00). I believe I have been take advantage of and the attorney did not intend to go any further until she got as much of my money as she could and expected me to get my money back from my X-wife. I told Patricia that the X-wife and I have a good relationship and I wanted to keep it that way for the sake of the children. Please do what you can to keep this from happening to others.

Thanks in advance,

Stan
Taylor, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2005 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patricia-L-Brown-Attorney-At-Law/Round-Rock-Texas-76574/Patricia-L-Brown-Attorney-At-Law-spent-approx-2K-as-retainer-very-little-done-Ripoff-R-144973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patricia L. Brown Attorney At Law

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I don't handle injury cases.

AUTHOR: Patricia - (United States of America)

This person may either be mistaken, or perhaps his/her complaints come from many years ago.  I do not handle personal injury cases.  I have had other attorneys working for me over the years who did handle such cases, and I once had a male paralegal.  However, that male paralegal left my employment years ago.  So these things suggest to me that this person is mistaken.  I handle family law matters and bankruptcies, and I care very much about the circumstances of my clients, their well-being, and ultimately with their satisfaction with the legal services they receive.  I strive to provide excellence and compassion.  I do personally meet with all of my clients, usually several times in the course of working on a case.  I cannot speak to the identity of the person who wrote this, but these accusations simply do not ring true to the way I practice law and operate my business.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Patricia Brown is a rip-off

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Patricia Brown is a very sorry excuse for a lawyer. She will rip you off and neveer give you satisfactory results in your case. I used her for a car accident I had and I never even was allowedto meet her. I requested that I do or I was going to take my business somewhere else. She is money hunger and is not concerned with the welfare of her clients. She uses people to gain money in her pocket and her expertise is sad. This lady should have her paralegal be her lawyer because he does everything concerningher clients. She is never envolved with her clients but she sure gets paid. DON'T USE PATRICIA BROWN SHE IS A SAD EXCUSE FOR A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Itemized billing statements provided monthly

AUTHOR: Patricia - (United States of America)

We provide each of our clients with an itemized billing statement monthly showing exactly what work has been performed and how much time has been spent on each task.

This client actually does admit that we did the work that we contracted to do; specifically the modification of his child support and custody.  We do explain the way the client will be billed in detail before entering into an attorney-client relationship.  Clients are charged for all time that an attorney spends working on his or her case, as well as the costs of the case, such as court filing fees and service of process fees.  All of this is explained in detail when we first meet with a client, before the contract for services is signed.

In this case, according to my itemized billing statements I talked with the client on the phone twice, wrote him four letters over the course of the representation, spoke with the opposing attorney several times, wrote correspondence to the opposing attorney twice, appeared at court twice, and drafted orders for the modification.

My firm strives to make every client pleased with the quality of work he or she receives, and to attend to each case with sensitivity, integrity, and competence.  I believe that this client received good quality services at a reasonable and appropriate cost.  I regret that he was not satisfied, as it is a primary goal of mine to have every client satisfied.

simple solution...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

write her a letter and ask for an accounting of the money. If she fails to send it, call the State Bar association and report her.