Complaint Review: Patricia Woodell

• Updated: Sun, June 08, 2008

• Reported By:Lakewood Washington
Patricia Woodell
Amana Internet U.S.A.

Amana Dba Whirlpool Amana bottom freezer with french doors faulty compressor Tacoma Internet

*Author of original report: Amana refrigerator with french doors and bottom freezer

We purchased an Amana refrigerator with french doors and a bottom freezer from a Puyallup, Wa. vendor in 2004. The salesperson assured that this was a fine refrigerator and we wouldn't have any problems. As it turned out, we had exactly the same compressor problem as Joel in Seattle.

The refrigerator operated fine until December 2007 and then things started warming up inside. We heard a buzz click click sound as if the compressor was trying to start. I called a local dealer and he said it sounded like the compressor had failed and needed to be replaced. The light continued to work, but the compressor just wouldn't kick in.

Due to the repairman's work schedule, I had to wait several weeks for a December repair appointment. Of course, that wasn't much fun when you're getting ready for Christmas and doing a lot of cooking.

Lucky for us that we have another refrigerator and we were able to rescue most of the freezer food and store it in our neighbor's freezer. We only had to throw out dairy and some vegetables that went bad. I had to spend 3 weeks going back and forth to the neighbor's house to get what I needed out of his freezer with the stuff we had saved.

The compressor was replaced in December 2007 and now it makes a loud buzzing noise. I'm not sure what that is, but I've called to schedule another appointment to find out.

As to the warranty, it continues on for only another 2 years on the original 5 year warranty--there is no new five year warranty when a defective (and major) part has been replaced. My question: what happens 3 years from now if the compressor fails again?

Joel, let's get together in 2009 when we're out of warranty and have a cause of action.

Pat
Lakewood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patricia-Woodell/internet/Amana-Dba-Whirlpool-Amana-bottom-freezer-with-french-doors-faulty-compressor-Tacoma-Intern-317993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patricia Woodell

Amana refrigerator with french doors and bottom freezer

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

The repairman came back in April. The buzzing noise turned out to be the evaporator motor. The motor and the fan were replaced and things have been quiet since then. While the serviceman was at my house, he got another phone call from someone about an Amana compressor failure. Buzz, click! Sound familiar???