Complaint Review: Patricia's Hair Extension Salon NYC

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By: Ashley — Astoria New York United States of America
Patricia's Hair Extension Salon NYC
3071 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY Astoria, New York United States of America

Patricia's Hair Extension Salon NYC Patricia's Hair Salon NYC Dangerously Bad at Chemical Relaxers, Extremely Overpriced, Total Rip-off, Horrible Customer Service - Astoria, New York

Visit Yelp... Makes me wonder how they have 1 star there and 5 on here... seems manipulated.

Went here for a $100 relaxer (hesitantly, since the last two from them was bad and the woman didn't straighten my hair completely, figured I'd give them one last chance) which is already overpriced considering I didn't get anything else done, not even a blow-dry. I told them it was fine since I was avoiding putting heat on my hair anyway, so I let it air dry. Got home a couple hours later and realized the stylist left relaxer chemical in my hair. (For those who don't know what this is, it straightens course or very curly hair and is a time-sensitive chemical treatment. If left on too long, it can not only cause a chemical burn on the scalp, but greatly weaken the point where it contacts the hair, causing it to completely break off a few days or even weeks after the chemical is washed off.) Took a photo and immediately washed it out.

Went back to the salon and told them, no apology, instead they argued that the photo doesn't show anything (despite the giant white glob of relaxer) and claimed it could be anything (despite it stinging like hell when I washed it out myself). They offered to wash it again, I told them that's useless since I'd already washed it out by then, and asked for a partial refund as a courtesy. Considering my hair will probably be breaking off pretty badly in a month or so, since the chemical is supposed to be left on the hair no more than 30 minutes or so, I didn't think it was too much to ask. It's not like I was asking for a full refund... They got an attitude as if I was just chasing money, despite the photo and the fact that I was totally friendly about it when I walked in. I became offended at their attitude and told them so, ended up with 3 women arguing with me about the fact that unless I let them take a picture of my scalp showing that it's fine (after I washed the relaxer out) and that I sign something saying I won't give them bad online reviews (this is Patricia herself demanding this), that they'll consider a refund. I refused to let them take a picture of me or to sign anything like that, so they gave me nothing. Not even an apology.

These people are just about the money and the customer service sucks. Not to mention they're totally overpriced, especially for the area. I only went to them cuz they're a block away from my place. Next time I'll take the walk or train. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patricias-Hair-Extension-Salon-NYC/Astoria-New-York-11103/Patricias-Hair-Extension-Salon-NYC-Patricias-Hair-Salon-NYC-Dangerously-Bad-at-Chemical-789063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patricia's Hair Extension Salon NYC